Following the success of her movie THE WEDDING PARTY, Nigerian Cinematographer Kemi Adetiba, who had a chat with CNN’s “African Voices” where she shared some inspiring tales about herself and work ethics, revealed she knew the movie would be a success because of her approach towards making the movie.
The greatest thing you can do for yourself is every time you have the opportunity to handle someone’s project, knock it out the park, and that is what I live by every day.
The cinematographer also talked about her career, her next moves and why the series “King Women” is so important to her.
On why she decided on being behind the cameras:
“I was questioning my longevity in front of the camera… I’d also find it intriguing when I would go off for shoots with the cameramen… I said: ‘Instead of just wasting a couple of years, how about I learn a new craft while I’m doing that? What is the thing that I want to learn now? What is the thing that will take my career to the next level? – being a director.’”
On her King Woman Project:
“The reason why I developed King Women is because I wanted women to see these role models of the earth, these women that we draw inspiration from that we put on pedestals, I wanted them to see them in their glory, but also understand that they have also gone through life, and life for them was not easy… People need to hear these stories, and I’m so grateful to everyone who gave me their time to make this series.”
On future and her upcoming projects,
“I honestly do believe that winning an Oscar is going to come very soon, I’ve given myself two to five years.”
- Tonto Dikeh proclaim her love for Bobrisky as they step out in black coordinating circle (Photos) - July 15, 2018
- Nollywood Actor Daniel K. Daniel and his wife wear matching outfits as they pose in front of the White House - July 15, 2018
- Son Of Veteran Nollywood Actors,Olu Jacobs & Joke Silva Weds In Style (Photos/Videos) - July 15, 2018
- OMG! 2 Weeks After Their Wedding In Kaduna, Young Couples Found Dead - July 15, 2018
- Firdaus Amasa, finally called to bar wearing her Hijab after graduating from Law School - July 10, 2018
- Zahra Buhari give birth to a male child in Spain - July 10, 2018
- 50 Cent disengage Remy Ma after her husband attack him for commenting on her weight - July 10, 2018
- Justin Bieber affirms engagement to Hailey Baldwin, declares love for her, and promises to spend forever with her - July 10, 2018
- Checkout Joseph the plantain seller is enrolled in a private school after passing entrance exam - July 9, 2018
- Checkout The Pre-Wedding Photos Of A Popular Veteran Nollywood Actor - July 8, 2018