Five suspected kidnappers of the mother of the governor of Kogi State, Yahaya Bello were on Tuesday apprehended and paraded in the state.
His mother, Hajia Hawawu Bello, was abducted by some gunmen in Uvete, Adavi local government area of Kogi on May 29, 2014.
At time of the incident, Governor Bello was the Managing Director of Fair Plus Transport Services.
The suspects names were given as 44-year-old Iliyasu Suleiman Danjuma Ibrahim, 26, Iliyasu Obadaki, 35, Alhaji Nasiru, 43) and Hafiz Yakubu.
The Force Spokesman, Jimoh Moshood, disclosed this at a press conference on Tuesday in Abuja.
According to Moshood, items such as two AK 47 rifles; 20 live cartridges; one army camouflage inner wear; two army camouflage pair of trousers and two army camouflage caps were recovered from the suspects.
Other items include, one black Beretta; two plastic guns; three sharp knives and one axe.
Moshood said the suspects had confessed to the kidnapping of the governor’s mother and other robberies in FCT, Kogi and Niger.
The police spokesman further disclosed that efforts were being intensified to arrest other fleeing members of the gang while the suspects would be charged to court on completion of investigation.
- WOW! Housemaid thrown lavish wedding years after her Madam adopted her for being humble (Photos) - August 21, 2017
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE! Man beats wife to death in Benue (Graphics Photos) - August 21, 2017
- THANK GOD! Checkout Funke Akindele’s Baby Bump (Photos) - August 21, 2017
- FREE BONANZA! A hospital in Kaduna is offering free surgery for a week to celebrate President Buhari’s return - August 20, 2017
- Monalisa Chinda- How I knew my 2nd husband was the one for me - August 20, 2017
- Kiki Osinbajo all smiles and pretty in new photo - August 20, 2017
- BIZZARE! Nigerian men celebrate Pres.Buhari’s return by drinking water and soft drink from the ground (Photos) - August 20, 2017
- Bawo Emami Appreciates God Amidst Curses And Insults From Followers(Read Comments) - August 20, 2017
- FAMILY VACATION! IK Osakioduwa and family visit Guliver’s land - August 20, 2017
- ‘I never had a boyfriend’ – Enugu girl who made 9As in WAEC - August 20, 2017