An 18-year-old woman has been arrested after crashing her car and killing her 14-year-old sister, a moment she live streamed to her Instagram account.
Obdulia Sanchez, from Stockton, is accused of driving under the influence during the deadly incident in Los Banos, California on Friday.
Her younger sibling, Jacqueline Sanchez, died at the scene and authorities are now looking into the graphic video that they believe shows the deadly events unfolding.
The live Instagram footage shows Obdulia talking to the camera as she drives normally and the moment the car rolled over a barbed wire fence and onto a field.
Gory visuals from the scene then show Jacqueline’s body strewn on the floor, the other girl in the car waving for help and Obdulia talking to the camera.
During the live recording Obdulia said: ‘Jacqueline, please wake up. I f****** killed my sister, OK? I know I’m going to jail for life. I love my sister… this is the last thing I thought was going to happen to us.’
‘I killed my sister, but I don’t care. I killed my sister. I know I’m going to prison, but I don’t care. I’m sorry baby. I’m a hold it down.’
The disturbing clip ends with her kneeling next to her dead sister and saying: ‘Wake up baby, I’m f**king sorry baby, I did not mean to kill you sweetie.’
Merced County Sheriff Vern Warnke said Jacqueline was not wearing a seatbelt when the car crashed and rolled on Henry Miller Road at about 6.45pm on Friday.
The 14-year-old was thrown through the back window of the car, authorities said.
Another girl, who police have not named but confirmed she was a minor, was also not wearing a seatbelt and suffered major leg injuries in the crash.
The California Highway Patrol said Obdulia was driving the car when it veered onto the right shoulder of a road about 120 miles southeast of San Francisco.
She over-corrected, causing the vehicle to swerve across lanes, crash through a wire fence and overturn into a field.
Obdulia was wearing a seatbelt and suffered minor injuries.
She is now in the Merced County Jail on charges of vehicular manslaughter while under the influence and DUI.
Authorities say she was detained at the scene after allegedly becoming combative with officers after the crash. She was screaming that her sister was dead as officers tried to calm her down and lead her into an ambulance, the Fresno Bee reports.
Obdulia complained of pains in her chest and knee after the crash.
Police told ABC 30: ‘Sanchez was under the influence when she rolled her car over, into a barbed wire fence and then a field.’
See photos below:
- WOW! Housemaid thrown lavish wedding years after her Madam adopted her for being humble (Photos) - August 21, 2017
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE! Man beats wife to death in Benue (Graphics Photos) - August 21, 2017
- THANK GOD! Checkout Funke Akindele’s Baby Bump (Photos) - August 21, 2017
- FREE BONANZA! A hospital in Kaduna is offering free surgery for a week to celebrate President Buhari’s return - August 20, 2017
- Monalisa Chinda- How I knew my 2nd husband was the one for me - August 20, 2017
- Kiki Osinbajo all smiles and pretty in new photo - August 20, 2017
- BIZZARE! Nigerian men celebrate Pres.Buhari’s return by drinking water and soft drink from the ground (Photos) - August 20, 2017
- Bawo Emami Appreciates God Amidst Curses And Insults From Followers(Read Comments) - August 20, 2017
- FAMILY VACATION! IK Osakioduwa and family visit Guliver’s land - August 20, 2017
- ‘I never had a boyfriend’ – Enugu girl who made 9As in WAEC - August 20, 2017