An 18-year-old woman has been arrested after crashing her car and killing her 14-year-old sister, a moment she live streamed to her Instagram account.
Obdulia Sanchez, from Stockton, is accused of driving under the influence during the deadly incident in Los Banos, California on Friday.
Her younger sibling, Jacqueline Sanchez, died at the scene and authorities are now looking into the graphic video that they believe shows the deadly events unfolding.
The live Instagram footage shows Obdulia talking to the camera as she drives normally and the moment the car rolled over a barbed wire fence and onto a field.
Gory visuals from the scene then show Jacqueline’s body strewn on the floor, the other girl in the car waving for help and Obdulia talking to the camera.
During the live recording Obdulia said: ‘Jacqueline, please wake up. I f****** killed my sister, OK? I know I’m going to jail for life. I love my sister… this is the last thing I thought was going to happen to us.’
‘I killed my sister, but I don’t care. I killed my sister. I know I’m going to prison, but I don’t care. I’m sorry baby. I’m a hold it down.’
The disturbing clip ends with her kneeling next to her dead sister and saying: ‘Wake up baby, I’m f**king sorry baby, I did not mean to kill you sweetie.’
Merced County Sheriff Vern Warnke said Jacqueline was not wearing a seatbelt when the car crashed and rolled on Henry Miller Road at about 6.45pm on Friday.
The 14-year-old was thrown through the back window of the car, authorities said.
Another girl, who police have not named but confirmed she was a minor, was also not wearing a seatbelt and suffered major leg injuries in the crash.
The California Highway Patrol said Obdulia was driving the car when it veered onto the right shoulder of a road about 120 miles southeast of San Francisco.
She over-corrected, causing the vehicle to swerve across lanes, crash through a wire fence and overturn into a field.
Obdulia was wearing a seatbelt and suffered minor injuries.
She is now in the Merced County Jail on charges of vehicular manslaughter while under the influence and DUI.
Authorities say she was detained at the scene after allegedly becoming combative with officers after the crash. She was screaming that her sister was dead as officers tried to calm her down and lead her into an ambulance, the Fresno Bee reports.
Obdulia complained of pains in her chest and knee after the crash.
Police told ABC 30: ‘Sanchez was under the influence when she rolled her car over, into a barbed wire fence and then a field.’
See photos below:
- Tonto Dikeh proclaim her love for Bobrisky as they step out in black coordinating circle (Photos) - July 15, 2018
- Nollywood Actor Daniel K. Daniel and his wife wear matching outfits as they pose in front of the White House - July 15, 2018
- Son Of Veteran Nollywood Actors,Olu Jacobs & Joke Silva Weds In Style (Photos/Videos) - July 15, 2018
- OMG! 2 Weeks After Their Wedding In Kaduna, Young Couples Found Dead - July 15, 2018
- Firdaus Amasa, finally called to bar wearing her Hijab after graduating from Law School - July 10, 2018
- Zahra Buhari give birth to a male child in Spain - July 10, 2018
- 50 Cent disengage Remy Ma after her husband attack him for commenting on her weight - July 10, 2018
- Justin Bieber affirms engagement to Hailey Baldwin, declares love for her, and promises to spend forever with her - July 10, 2018
- Checkout Joseph the plantain seller is enrolled in a private school after passing entrance exam - July 9, 2018
- Checkout The Pre-Wedding Photos Of A Popular Veteran Nollywood Actor - July 8, 2018