Wife of Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello,Mrs Rashida Bello, is moved to empower Mrs Mikailu, who was abandoned by her husband after the birth of their triplets.
She had set up her Non-Governmental Organization, Kogi Women and Youth Advancement Foundation (KOWYAF) to provide interventionist measures towards assisting both needy, less privileged, women,babies and the youths.
Below is a post she shared on her Facebook page:
“The birth of multiple children brings joy to parents, and in some cultures in Nigeria, it is seen as a blessing. But the birth of triplets to Mr and Mrs Mikailu disrupted their peaceful family coexistence as Mr Mukailu ran away from the home leaving the poor woman to care for the triplets alone.
Hope however is at the end of the tunnel for Mrs Mukailu because KOWYAF is poised to see to the needs of vulnerable women and children in Kogi State, as I have made provision for basic needs like baby milk, diapers and toiletries, and these items have been presented by Hon Olamide Adesoro and the Honourable Commissioner of Women Affairs and Social Development, Hon Bolanle Amupitan.
I will also ensure that Mrs Mikailu becomes empowered to be able to fend for herself and the children.”
- WOW! Housemaid thrown lavish wedding years after her Madam adopted her for being humble (Photos) - August 21, 2017
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE! Man beats wife to death in Benue (Graphics Photos) - August 21, 2017
- THANK GOD! Checkout Funke Akindele’s Baby Bump (Photos) - August 21, 2017
- FREE BONANZA! A hospital in Kaduna is offering free surgery for a week to celebrate President Buhari’s return - August 20, 2017
- Monalisa Chinda- How I knew my 2nd husband was the one for me - August 20, 2017
- Kiki Osinbajo all smiles and pretty in new photo - August 20, 2017
- BIZZARE! Nigerian men celebrate Pres.Buhari’s return by drinking water and soft drink from the ground (Photos) - August 20, 2017
- Bawo Emami Appreciates God Amidst Curses And Insults From Followers(Read Comments) - August 20, 2017
- FAMILY VACATION! IK Osakioduwa and family visit Guliver’s land - August 20, 2017
- ‘I never had a boyfriend’ – Enugu girl who made 9As in WAEC - August 20, 2017