Wife of Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello,Mrs Rashida Bello, is moved to empower Mrs Mikailu, who was abandoned by her husband after the birth of their triplets.
She had set up her Non-Governmental Organization, Kogi Women and Youth Advancement Foundation (KOWYAF) to provide interventionist measures towards assisting both needy, less privileged, women,babies and the youths.
Below is a post she shared on her Facebook page:
“The birth of multiple children brings joy to parents, and in some cultures in Nigeria, it is seen as a blessing. But the birth of triplets to Mr and Mrs Mikailu disrupted their peaceful family coexistence as Mr Mukailu ran away from the home leaving the poor woman to care for the triplets alone.
Hope however is at the end of the tunnel for Mrs Mukailu because KOWYAF is poised to see to the needs of vulnerable women and children in Kogi State, as I have made provision for basic needs like baby milk, diapers and toiletries, and these items have been presented by Hon Olamide Adesoro and the Honourable Commissioner of Women Affairs and Social Development, Hon Bolanle Amupitan.
I will also ensure that Mrs Mikailu becomes empowered to be able to fend for herself and the children.”
- Tonto Dikeh reveals how she lost her baby weight - August 17, 2017
- I need out of house arrest to feed my kids! – DMX laments - August 17, 2017
- BIZZARE! Nigerian man marries his older white lover (Photos) - August 17, 2017
- Kim Kardashian West Talks about having a third baby - August 17, 2017
- Pretty Mike- ‘You are stupid if you give your last kobo to your pastor to buy jet but dont have bicycle’ - August 17, 2017
- Odunlade Adekola is not the father of my child- actress Bukola Adeeyo cries out - August 17, 2017
- Timi Dakolo’s kids looks beautiful in matching outfits - August 17, 2017
- WHAT! ‘If my boyfriend is broke, I will cheat on him’ – Nigerian lady reveals, explains why - August 16, 2017
- THE LORD IS GOOD! 16 years after marriage,Nigerian pastors welcome set of twins (Photos) - August 16, 2017
- “One of the reasons I still work” – 2face enthuse over his daughter Isabella (Photo) - August 16, 2017