The Lagos state government has shutdown the popular retail store, Shoprite, at the ikeja shopping mall, for allegedly violating safety laws of the state.
We gathered that officials of the Lagos State Safety Commission stormed the mall and forcefully shutdown shoprite at 5:00pm on Friday.
The development left many shoppers confused as people were barred from entering as the doors were under lock and keys.
A visit to Shoprite yesterday’s evening confirmed the ugly incident, as crowd of people who had come to shop for the weekend were disappointed at the sudden turn of event.
According to some shoppers, the shutdown may have been as a result of tax evasion by shoprite, while some insisted it’s a safety issue.
Some also described the action of the government as a possible ‘witch-hunt’ alleging that Shoprite officials might have declined to bribe the government agency.
As at the time of filing this report, top management satff of the store are said to be in a meeting with officials of the Lagos State Safety Commission.
- How to Handle Social Media Behavior of Teenagers - February 19, 2018
- Difference Between Pride & Ego - February 18, 2018
- The 21st Century Woman: How To Better Understand What She Really Wants - February 4, 2018
- How to keep your head high as a single mother - January 27, 2018
- Single mothers after divorce, what to do? - January 26, 2018
- Single Mothers are not all about Disasters. Here are things you didn’t know about Single Mums - January 24, 2018
- Single Dads this is how you look for a nanny - January 23, 2018
- When to introduce your boyfriend to your child - January 21, 2018
- Picking up the pieces when he walks out on you; Single and pregnant - January 21, 2018
- Manscapping, The Art of Manhood - January 15, 2018