The Lagos state government has shutdown the popular retail store, Shoprite, at the ikeja shopping mall, for allegedly violating safety laws of the state.
We gathered that officials of the Lagos State Safety Commission stormed the mall and forcefully shutdown shoprite at 5:00pm on Friday.
The development left many shoppers confused as people were barred from entering as the doors were under lock and keys.
A visit to Shoprite yesterday’s evening confirmed the ugly incident, as crowd of people who had come to shop for the weekend were disappointed at the sudden turn of event.
According to some shoppers, the shutdown may have been as a result of tax evasion by shoprite, while some insisted it’s a safety issue.
Some also described the action of the government as a possible ‘witch-hunt’ alleging that Shoprite officials might have declined to bribe the government agency.
As at the time of filing this report, top management satff of the store are said to be in a meeting with officials of the Lagos State Safety Commission.
- 4 Worries of a Single Mom When Getting Married - September 19, 2017
- How to keep technology from ruining your marriage - September 12, 2017
- How to argue effectively without permanently damaging your relationship - September 10, 2017
- Jealousy in Marriage: Why it Happens and What to Do - September 6, 2017
- How to keep love alive when your schedules are polar opposites - September 3, 2017
- 5 Important Conversations You Need to Have With Your Spouse About Your Aging Parents - August 28, 2017
- Understanding the Single Father While the World Focuses On the Mother - August 24, 2017
- Are You Ready for Love? Take a Look at These 6 Pointers to Find Out - August 23, 2017
- Dear Women, Don’t Let Love Blind You to These 5 Important Things - August 22, 2017
- Does It Bother You That You’ve Never Been in a Relationship Before? - August 22, 2017