Former Jigawa State governor, Alhaji Sule Lamido is begging his two sons, Aminu and Mustapha, for forgiveness over their prison experience. He claimed total responsibility for their ordeal in the hands of the law.
Speaking with Voice of America Hausa service in an interview, shortly after his return from Abuja, Lamido described his arrest as the beginning of restoration of confidence in political leadership in Nigeria.
He recalled that he had been incarcerated in the past for holding opposing political views. He declared that he would never be discouraged in politics.
“In the process to improve democracy, there would be some mistakes. I am not a perfect human being; I have my own shortcomings. And in my own case, I’m outspoken, which perhaps explained why people found me too offensive and irritating,” Lamido said.
The former Foreign Affairs Minister explained that his pains weren’t his detention, but his sons who were innocent but had to suffer simply because their father served as a governor.
Lamido admitted he caused their detention and as such they should forgive him and be patient with the situation they found themselves.
- 4 Worries of a Single Mom When Getting Married - September 19, 2017
- How to keep technology from ruining your marriage - September 12, 2017
- How to argue effectively without permanently damaging your relationship - September 10, 2017
- Jealousy in Marriage: Why it Happens and What to Do - September 6, 2017
- How to keep love alive when your schedules are polar opposites - September 3, 2017
- 5 Important Conversations You Need to Have With Your Spouse About Your Aging Parents - August 28, 2017
- Understanding the Single Father While the World Focuses On the Mother - August 24, 2017
- Are You Ready for Love? Take a Look at These 6 Pointers to Find Out - August 23, 2017
- Dear Women, Don’t Let Love Blind You to These 5 Important Things - August 22, 2017
- Does It Bother You That You’ve Never Been in a Relationship Before? - August 22, 2017