Salvador Dali died at the age of 84. He and his wife Gala, whom he got married to in 1934, never had children until she died in 1982.
Yesterday, the body of Spanish painter Salvador Dali was dug up following a Madrid Supreme court ruling in favor of a woman who claims to be his daughter.
The 61-year-old woman, Maria Abel said her mother, who was a maid in one of Dali’s seasonal homes in Port Lligat, maintained a secret relationship with the artist and now she wants a paternity test.
Abel once tried to complete a paternity test in 2007 with DNA samples from belongings her alleged father left behind, but results proved inconclusive. The Madrid Supreme Court agreed there were no other reliable remains and It stated the motive of the exhumation was “to get samples of his remains to determine whether he is the biological father of the woman who filed a claim to be recognized as the daughter of the artist.”
A stone slab had to be removed before forensic scientists could access the body, which has been resting in The Dali Theatre and Museum in Figueres, Spain since Dali’s death in 1989. They collected samples of DNA from the hair and teeth of the embalmed body, Abel’s lawyer says. Results are expected within two weeks.
- WOW! Housemaid thrown lavish wedding years after her Madam adopted her for being humble (Photos) - August 21, 2017
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE! Man beats wife to death in Benue (Graphics Photos) - August 21, 2017
- THANK GOD! Checkout Funke Akindele’s Baby Bump (Photos) - August 21, 2017
- FREE BONANZA! A hospital in Kaduna is offering free surgery for a week to celebrate President Buhari’s return - August 20, 2017
- Monalisa Chinda- How I knew my 2nd husband was the one for me - August 20, 2017
- Kiki Osinbajo all smiles and pretty in new photo - August 20, 2017
- BIZZARE! Nigerian men celebrate Pres.Buhari’s return by drinking water and soft drink from the ground (Photos) - August 20, 2017
- Bawo Emami Appreciates God Amidst Curses And Insults From Followers(Read Comments) - August 20, 2017
- FAMILY VACATION! IK Osakioduwa and family visit Guliver’s land - August 20, 2017
- ‘I never had a boyfriend’ – Enugu girl who made 9As in WAEC - August 20, 2017