Legendary African musician, Angelique Kidjo has announced the death of her older brother, Oscar Kidjo who died yesterday July 11th after a long illness.
‘He was a great musician and a great producer and all of his life he supported me tirelessly. I made my debut with him. He helped me compose my first songs. With him I learned the rigour and discipline you have to have when you want to be a musician. He was the one who showed me the importance of knowing with passion your own roots and being proud of them. He was very loved and respected by the musicians of Benin and elsewhere.
‘Oscar, I know you’re gonna keep watching over me from where you are. I love you and my thoughts go to your wife and your children and to the whole family.‘
- “Let your daughter be happy, please” – Chrissy Teigen tells Meghan Markle’s Dad - July 30, 2018
- Three sisters confess to killing their dad after “years of sexual abuse and torture” - July 30, 2018
- “Happy birthday to my double blessing” – Femi Adebayo celebrates his twin sons as they clock a year older - July 30, 2018
- Groom, family members die in car crash on their way to wedding - July 30, 2018
- Celebrity Families: Beyonce and Jay-Z hang out backstage with DJ Khaled and his family at their On the Run II Tour (Photos) - July 30, 2018
- See this Nigerian father’s reactions for seeing his daughter after 2 years - July 30, 2018
- Photos from the wedding of Taraba state governor’s son - July 30, 2018
- Chelsea striker, Alvaro Morata and wife Alice Campello welcome lovely set of twins - July 30, 2018
- Iyabo Ojo’s children excited to see their dad for the first time in 6years - July 30, 2018
- Adorable new photos of Femi Fani-Kayode’s triplets - July 30, 2018