Legendary African musician, Angelique Kidjo has announced the death of her older brother, Oscar Kidjo who died yesterday July 11th after a long illness.
‘He was a great musician and a great producer and all of his life he supported me tirelessly. I made my debut with him. He helped me compose my first songs. With him I learned the rigour and discipline you have to have when you want to be a musician. He was the one who showed me the importance of knowing with passion your own roots and being proud of them. He was very loved and respected by the musicians of Benin and elsewhere.
‘Oscar, I know you’re gonna keep watching over me from where you are. I love you and my thoughts go to your wife and your children and to the whole family.‘
- If you don’t have these 6 conversations, it can never be “Happily ever after…” - September 12, 2018
- The 3 P’s That Can Poison Your Marriage - September 12, 2018
- Heavily pregnant Linda Ikeji spotted exercising by showing off her dancing moves - September 6, 2018
- This Woman has been Carrying her sick Husband on her back for 5 years (watch video) - September 4, 2018
- Instagram user reveals how he almost poisoned his brother over 9ice and Ruggedman’s beef - September 4, 2018
- Archbishop Duncan-Williams explains why his first marriage of 26-years failed - September 4, 2018
- See lovely photo of Dbanj and his wife Lineo as they baecation in Dubai - September 4, 2018
- MC Galaxy announces his wedding date, says he is marrying the best woman in the world - September 4, 2018
- This 4-Year-Old ‘Superhero’ called 999 when his mum Collapsed (Watch Video) - September 4, 2018
- Wizkid’s first baby mama, Shola Ogudu calls him a toxic parent? - September 4, 2018