An estate agent who stabbed his wife to death after she mocked him for having a “small penis” has been sentenced to life imprisonment.
David Clark, 49, murdered his wife of 10 years, Melanie, 44, at their home in Worcestershire on New Year’s Eve.
He had denied the charge, claiming he suffered a “loss of control” after being subjected to sexual humiliation. During his trial, he claimed he snapped after mum-of-four Melanie taunted him that she had sex with the lesbian daughter of his best friend. He also said she mocked the size of his penis.
According to Clark, his friend’s lesbian daughter, Katie Bastians, 30, had sex with his wife after spending the evening with the couple and her dad Stephen, 58. Clark told Birmingham Crown Court he was asleep at the time of the alleged one-night stand, two days before the murder.
Giving evidence, the killer said:
Steve and his daughter Katie spent the night at my house. The evening was fun. My wife and Katie were drinking. I went to bed about midnight in my little room.
Steve was downstairs on the couch and Katie and Melanie were in the main bedroom. I wasn’t aware of anything happening. There was a lot of giggling.”
He said his wife later told him “Katie started doing things to her”.
‘My wife mentioned it to me because she found her on Facebook and said ‘it looks like Katie has a girlfriend’.
I said, ‘Well surely you could stop it – you could say no or turn away.’ She did not answer me. I said, ‘It doesn’t matter, I just appreciate that you are honest.’ ”
Jurors were also told how Melanie previously made her husband sign a contract giving her permission to sleep with other people. Clark said his wife brought up the with Katie again at home two days later after they had been to a friend’s New Year’s Eve party.
She asked, ‘Would I like Katie in her sexy underwear?’ She talked about the things that happened between her and Katie.
She said these things in a revengeful way. She was in my face, in a nasty, nasty way like she was proud of what she had got up to. I had no idea why she was saying these things.
Clark said his wife, who used to mock his small penis, continued to taunt him about the tryst. He then stabbed his wife with a knife before dialling 999 and confessing.
“I’ve killed my wife. She f***ing did my head in,” he told the 911 call operator.
Melanie, whose four children were from a previous relationship, was pronounced dead 12 minutes into the New Year. Her sons Sheldon, 23 and Slade, 20, returned home to find the property in Bromsgrove swarming with police.
Clark, whose birthday is on New Year’s Day, was arrested at the scene in his blood-soaked pyjamas. The former military medic was convicted of murder after jurors deliberated for six-and-a-half-hours.
- If you don’t have these 6 conversations, it can never be “Happily ever after…” - September 12, 2018
- The 3 P’s That Can Poison Your Marriage - September 12, 2018
- Heavily pregnant Linda Ikeji spotted exercising by showing off her dancing moves - September 6, 2018
- This Woman has been Carrying her sick Husband on her back for 5 years (watch video) - September 4, 2018
- Instagram user reveals how he almost poisoned his brother over 9ice and Ruggedman’s beef - September 4, 2018
- Archbishop Duncan-Williams explains why his first marriage of 26-years failed - September 4, 2018
- See lovely photo of Dbanj and his wife Lineo as they baecation in Dubai - September 4, 2018
- MC Galaxy announces his wedding date, says he is marrying the best woman in the world - September 4, 2018
- This 4-Year-Old ‘Superhero’ called 999 when his mum Collapsed (Watch Video) - September 4, 2018
- Wizkid’s first baby mama, Shola Ogudu calls him a toxic parent? - September 4, 2018