An estate agent who stabbed his wife to death after she mocked him for having a “small penis” has been sentenced to life imprisonment.
David Clark, 49, murdered his wife of 10 years, Melanie, 44, at their home in Worcestershire on New Year’s Eve.
He had denied the charge, claiming he suffered a “loss of control” after being subjected to sexual humiliation. During his trial, he claimed he snapped after mum-of-four Melanie taunted him that she had sex with the lesbian daughter of his best friend. He also said she mocked the size of his penis.
According to Clark, his friend’s lesbian daughter, Katie Bastians, 30, had sex with his wife after spending the evening with the couple and her dad Stephen, 58. Clark told Birmingham Crown Court he was asleep at the time of the alleged one-night stand, two days before the murder.
Giving evidence, the killer said:
Steve and his daughter Katie spent the night at my house. The evening was fun. My wife and Katie were drinking. I went to bed about midnight in my little room.
Steve was downstairs on the couch and Katie and Melanie were in the main bedroom. I wasn’t aware of anything happening. There was a lot of giggling.”
He said his wife later told him “Katie started doing things to her”.
‘My wife mentioned it to me because she found her on Facebook and said ‘it looks like Katie has a girlfriend’.
I said, ‘Well surely you could stop it – you could say no or turn away.’ She did not answer me. I said, ‘It doesn’t matter, I just appreciate that you are honest.’ ”
Jurors were also told how Melanie previously made her husband sign a contract giving her permission to sleep with other people. Clark said his wife brought up the with Katie again at home two days later after they had been to a friend’s New Year’s Eve party.
She asked, ‘Would I like Katie in her sexy underwear?’ She talked about the things that happened between her and Katie.
She said these things in a revengeful way. She was in my face, in a nasty, nasty way like she was proud of what she had got up to. I had no idea why she was saying these things.
Clark said his wife, who used to mock his small penis, continued to taunt him about the tryst. He then stabbed his wife with a knife before dialling 999 and confessing.
“I’ve killed my wife. She f***ing did my head in,” he told the 911 call operator.
Melanie, whose four children were from a previous relationship, was pronounced dead 12 minutes into the New Year. Her sons Sheldon, 23 and Slade, 20, returned home to find the property in Bromsgrove swarming with police.
Clark, whose birthday is on New Year’s Day, was arrested at the scene in his blood-soaked pyjamas. The former military medic was convicted of murder after jurors deliberated for six-and-a-half-hours.
- “Let your daughter be happy, please” – Chrissy Teigen tells Meghan Markle’s Dad - July 30, 2018
- Three sisters confess to killing their dad after “years of sexual abuse and torture” - July 30, 2018
- “Happy birthday to my double blessing” – Femi Adebayo celebrates his twin sons as they clock a year older - July 30, 2018
- Groom, family members die in car crash on their way to wedding - July 30, 2018
- Celebrity Families: Beyonce and Jay-Z hang out backstage with DJ Khaled and his family at their On the Run II Tour (Photos) - July 30, 2018
- See this Nigerian father’s reactions for seeing his daughter after 2 years - July 30, 2018
- Photos from the wedding of Taraba state governor’s son - July 30, 2018
- Chelsea striker, Alvaro Morata and wife Alice Campello welcome lovely set of twins - July 30, 2018
- Iyabo Ojo’s children excited to see their dad for the first time in 6years - July 30, 2018
- Adorable new photos of Femi Fani-Kayode’s triplets - July 30, 2018