A young man identified as Saliu Ladayo has been arrested by the Ondo police command for allegedly killing his girlfriend, Confidence Nwama, because she was always cursing and insulting him.
According to report, the incident took place at Oshinle Quarters in Akure. The deceased was said to be writing her Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination before the unfortunate incident happened.
A source said the suspect had always complained about the deceased’s attitude towards him, reportedly saying she always abused him that he was a lazy man with a bad fortune, and as someone who could not make it in life.
The source said, “Both of them were in the house on the fateful day when an argument ensued between them and the argument led to a fight, which led the man to take a knife and stab the girl on her chest and other parts of her body.”
The source also narrated that immediately the neighbour heard the cry of the deceased, they quickly rushed into the house and found the girl in the pool of her own blood.
It was learnt that all efforts to save her life were unsuccessful, as she reportedly died before she could be taken to the hospital.
Confirming the incident, the Ondo State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Femi Joseph, said that the suspect was already in Police custody, while investigation into the matter has commenced.
“The suspect confessed that he stabbed his girlfriend because she cursed him that he will not make it in life and he had not made it; and also that things had not been going well for him and this infuriated him to take a knife and stab her.
“Like I said, we have arrested him and he will be charged to court after the investigation may have been concluded,” Joseph stated.
- Pastor Ituah Ighodalo pays surprise visit to his wife, Ibidun at work, and he brought her food - August 19, 2018
- The craziest thing I’ve done was slapping my dad – Femi Adebayo - August 19, 2018
- Newly married rapper, 2 Chainz shares adorable family photo with his wife and kids - August 19, 2018
- See photos of cute baby abandoned in the bush - August 18, 2018
- No one dared tell Sam Loco to quit smoking – Son reveals - August 18, 2018
- Nigerian man surprises mum with a car gift on her birthday - August 18, 2018
- See loved up photos of Toolz And Her Husband, Tunde Demuren - August 18, 2018
- “My mother chased me out of the house for piercing my ears” – Bode Blaq - August 18, 2018
- Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi With His Twin Girls - August 18, 2018
- “Her Boyfriend Beat her Up & Ruptured her Intestine” – Vanessa Willie reveals in new episode of The Talk With Vanessa - August 18, 2018