Maimuna Mohammed , the wife to one Mr. Saidu has on Wednesday begged a Mararaba Upper Area Court, in Nasarawa State, to dissolve her marriage to her husband, claimed that he’s irresponsible and that her marriage to him was never her intention.
She alleged that Saidu always threatened her life and in the habit of beating her.
“He does not care for me and the children to the extent that he no longer feed us.
“There is no peace and love in the marriage. In fact, I always tried to endure him with the hope that he would change his behaviour.
“Unfortunately, he didn’t, rather he threatens my life at the slight provocation.
“He has no regards for me and disrespects me, so I can no longer continue with this marriage,” she said.
The petitioner also informed the court that the respondent was not her choice of husband, rather her family’s choice.
“The marriage between me and my husband was never my intention, because we were joined under the family rights.
”My family never allowed me to bring a man of my choice, but I had no option but to accept,” she added.
The respondent, Saidu, however, denied the allegations.
The judge, Mr Ibrahim Shekarau, adjourned the case until May 2 to allow the parties settle out of court.
- Scriptures to Speak over your Child - December 31, 2018
- 10 Health Benefits of Ewedu leaf - December 31, 2018
- Signs He doesn’t Respect You - December 30, 2018
- Scriptures for Singles - December 19, 2018
- Scriptures for Prosperity and Wealth - December 19, 2018
- How to let go and let God:Letting go and letting God in Relationships - December 2, 2018
- How to Spice up your Marriage - November 28, 2018
- How to know God’s Will in a Relationship - November 28, 2018
- Check out the Best Aso-Ebi Styles Of The Week - November 28, 2018
- Adorable family photo to celebrate 29th wedding anniversary of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo and his wife Dolapo. - November 25, 2018