Maimuna Mohammed , the wife to one Mr. Saidu has on Wednesday begged a Mararaba Upper Area Court, in Nasarawa State, to dissolve her marriage to her husband, claimed that he’s irresponsible and that her marriage to him was never her intention.
She alleged that Saidu always threatened her life and in the habit of beating her.
“He does not care for me and the children to the extent that he no longer feed us.
“There is no peace and love in the marriage. In fact, I always tried to endure him with the hope that he would change his behaviour.
“Unfortunately, he didn’t, rather he threatens my life at the slight provocation.
“He has no regards for me and disrespects me, so I can no longer continue with this marriage,” she said.
The petitioner also informed the court that the respondent was not her choice of husband, rather her family’s choice.
“The marriage between me and my husband was never my intention, because we were joined under the family rights.
”My family never allowed me to bring a man of my choice, but I had no option but to accept,” she added.
The respondent, Saidu, however, denied the allegations.
The judge, Mr Ibrahim Shekarau, adjourned the case until May 2 to allow the parties settle out of court.
- Kim Kardashian shares cute childhood photo of herself - May 27, 2018
- “Dear future wife, just know that I will embarrass u with my dance moves forever” – Don Jazzy hopes to marry soon - May 27, 2018
- My wife took wrong advice from friends that nearly ruined our marriage – Afeez Owo - May 27, 2018
- Actor Dele Odule gives daughter out in marriage (photos) - May 27, 2018
- Top Nigerian MUA, Joyce Jacob is engaged to billionaire son Eyinna Anumudu - May 27, 2018
- Tonto Dikeh celebrates Children’s Day with her son, King Andre - May 27, 2018
- Italian footballer, Federico Zini and his ex-girlfriend found dead - May 27, 2018
- Charlyboy talks marriage, says the concept will no longer be fashionable - May 26, 2018
- More photos from the wedding of Footballer Emmanuel Emenike and Iheoma Nnaji - May 26, 2018
- Man caught after sneaking into neighbor’s flat to sleep with his wife in Lagos - May 26, 2018