The FCT Police Command have arrested two men, Paul Chukwujekwu Ezengo and Emmanuel Adogah, for allegedly killing Ezengo’s married lover in order to own her Acura Jeep.
The suspects after giving the deceased, Charity Chidebere Aiyedogbon excess alcohol, killed her, butchered her body and packed it into two sacks that were later dumped in a river.
It was gathered that the suspects changed the plate number of the vehicle of the deceased from Abuja number to Ebonyi State number; SKA625AA, in order to cover their trail.
The FCT Commissioner of Police, CP Sadiq Bello, while narrating efforts made to unravel the mystery behind Chidebere’s death on Thursday revealed that she mysteriously disappeared in 2016.
“The dogged determination of the Command to unravel the sudden disappearance of 44yrs old Charity Chidebere Aiyedogbon since May, 2016 has yielded a positive result,” he said.
“On 1st June, 2018, Police Operatives attached to the Command Anti-Kidnapping Squad succeeded in arresting the principal suspect, one Paul Chukwujekwu Ezengo 27yrs at Benin in Edo State.
“Upon his arrest, the principal suspect who has been at large since the lady’s disappearance, confessed during interrogation that the mother of four was his girlfriend and that he conspired with one Emmanuel Adogah 28 years and murdered her on 9th May, 2016 at about 2330hrs at Kagini.
“According to Paul Chukwujekwu Ezengo, he gave her excess alcohol to consume before he moved her from Yaoundé Street, Wuse Zone 6 to Kagini area where she was butchered and her mutilated body packaged in two sacks that were later dumped by the river bank at Ushafa, in Bwari Area Council.
“He further confessed that he killed her because he wanted to take possession of her Acura ZDS Jeep and other properties”, he said.
Narrating his involvement with Charity and how he killed her, Ezengo said: “We met on Facebook and she told me she was divorced. I was in a relationship with her for about a year and half. We were having issues in our relationship because I was not benefiting from the relationship.
“She wasn’t very rich when I met her but I knew she was comfortable and I needed my own share of her wealth coupled.
“Later, evil thoughts came into me that I should kill her and take her car. I proceeded with the thought by involving my friend, Adogah.
“We went out to hang out one night in 2016 and while we were there, she had too much alcohol and dozed off. I carried her from the house to where we killed her in Kagini.
On why he decided to butcher her, he said: “That night after killing her, I was totally drunk. I wanted to carry her after killing her but she was unable to fit into the sack. That was why I decided to butcher her and dump her body in the river.
However, the police said they were able to recover the deceased’s car and some of her properties from the suspect.
- “Let your daughter be happy, please” – Chrissy Teigen tells Meghan Markle’s Dad - July 30, 2018
- Three sisters confess to killing their dad after “years of sexual abuse and torture” - July 30, 2018
- “Happy birthday to my double blessing” – Femi Adebayo celebrates his twin sons as they clock a year older - July 30, 2018
- Groom, family members die in car crash on their way to wedding - July 30, 2018
- Celebrity Families: Beyonce and Jay-Z hang out backstage with DJ Khaled and his family at their On the Run II Tour (Photos) - July 30, 2018
- See this Nigerian father’s reactions for seeing his daughter after 2 years - July 30, 2018
- Photos from the wedding of Taraba state governor’s son - July 30, 2018
- Chelsea striker, Alvaro Morata and wife Alice Campello welcome lovely set of twins - July 30, 2018
- Iyabo Ojo’s children excited to see their dad for the first time in 6years - July 30, 2018
- Adorable new photos of Femi Fani-Kayode’s triplets - July 30, 2018