The FCT Police Command have arrested two men, Paul Chukwujekwu Ezengo and Emmanuel Adogah, for allegedly killing Ezengo’s married lover in order to own her Acura Jeep.
The suspects after giving the deceased, Charity Chidebere Aiyedogbon excess alcohol, killed her, butchered her body and packed it into two sacks that were later dumped in a river.
It was gathered that the suspects changed the plate number of the vehicle of the deceased from Abuja number to Ebonyi State number; SKA625AA, in order to cover their trail.
The FCT Commissioner of Police, CP Sadiq Bello, while narrating efforts made to unravel the mystery behind Chidebere’s death on Thursday revealed that she mysteriously disappeared in 2016.
“The dogged determination of the Command to unravel the sudden disappearance of 44yrs old Charity Chidebere Aiyedogbon since May, 2016 has yielded a positive result,” he said.
“On 1st June, 2018, Police Operatives attached to the Command Anti-Kidnapping Squad succeeded in arresting the principal suspect, one Paul Chukwujekwu Ezengo 27yrs at Benin in Edo State.
“Upon his arrest, the principal suspect who has been at large since the lady’s disappearance, confessed during interrogation that the mother of four was his girlfriend and that he conspired with one Emmanuel Adogah 28 years and murdered her on 9th May, 2016 at about 2330hrs at Kagini.
“According to Paul Chukwujekwu Ezengo, he gave her excess alcohol to consume before he moved her from Yaoundé Street, Wuse Zone 6 to Kagini area where she was butchered and her mutilated body packaged in two sacks that were later dumped by the river bank at Ushafa, in Bwari Area Council.
“He further confessed that he killed her because he wanted to take possession of her Acura ZDS Jeep and other properties”, he said.
Narrating his involvement with Charity and how he killed her, Ezengo said: “We met on Facebook and she told me she was divorced. I was in a relationship with her for about a year and half. We were having issues in our relationship because I was not benefiting from the relationship.
“She wasn’t very rich when I met her but I knew she was comfortable and I needed my own share of her wealth coupled.
“Later, evil thoughts came into me that I should kill her and take her car. I proceeded with the thought by involving my friend, Adogah.
“We went out to hang out one night in 2016 and while we were there, she had too much alcohol and dozed off. I carried her from the house to where we killed her in Kagini.
On why he decided to butcher her, he said: “That night after killing her, I was totally drunk. I wanted to carry her after killing her but she was unable to fit into the sack. That was why I decided to butcher her and dump her body in the river.
However, the police said they were able to recover the deceased’s car and some of her properties from the suspect.
- Busola Dakolo is missing her husband! - June 24, 2018
- Halle Berry shares rare photo of her son with Olivier Martinez - June 24, 2018
- Fela Anikulapo’s daughter dares women to compete with “a glorious beauty” like hers over a man - June 24, 2018
- Women in Saudi Arabia are now legally allowed to drive - June 24, 2018
- Tia Mowry shares photo of her tummy 7 weeks after child birth, reveals not every woman snaps back immediately - June 24, 2018
- See the amazing transformation of this burn survivor on her wedding day - June 24, 2018
- Actor Muyiwa Ademola and wife celebrate 12th wedding anniversary - June 24, 2018
- Model Chanel Iman and hubby Sterling Shepard expecting baby girl - June 24, 2018
- If women are truly supporting women, there won’t be an Epidemic of Sidechicks – Joro Olumofin - June 24, 2018
- Actress Nkechi Blessing reveals what she looks out for in a man - June 24, 2018