Followings news of Mary Akpobome, wife to ace comedian, Ali Baba and one of the executive directors at Heritage Bank, been suspended, the bank itself has has reacted to the news.
The bank slammed claims that Mary Akpobome, or any other member of its board were engaged in any fraud as falsely reported.
Sahara Reporters who published the report said that “Akpobome and powerful bank management were abusing their positions and engaging in fraud”, adding that she and “an unnamed account officer were sent packing leading her to clear her desk because she anticipates that the task was so impossible she may not return to the bank”.
A statement by the bank on Wednesday read:
Our attention has yet again been drawn to an online news story on SaharaReporters.com titled, “Heritage Bank sends Ali Baba’s Wife on Loan–Recovery Suspension”.
The Management, categorically refutes these claims and hereby states clearly that Mary Akpobome remains a valued Executive Director of the Bank.
We strongly disclaim all allegations made on the news blog that Mrs Akpobome or any other member of our Board and Management have in any way engaged in any fraud whatsoever.
Financial institutions have credit policies governing its processes and management. These policies are designed and enforced to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in the entire credit chain.
Heritage Bank has never been controlled by any one individual or “powerful” individual(s) as deceitfully stated by Sahara Reporters. Heritage bank is a legal entity, and like any other public liability company, is managed by an efficient Management and Board accountable to all its stakeholders.
We find the insistent and vehement attacks particularly by Sahara Reporters appalling, malicious, unprofessional and unethical.
Consistent with our core values, we are resolutely committed to strict adherence to regulations and to our service contract with all our stakeholders.
- What is Cryptocurrency ? Cryptocurrency 101, what you should know - March 11, 2018
- WHAT ARE THE SIGNS OF NON-VERBAL COMMUNICATION FROM YOUR SPOUSE - March 6, 2018
- HOW LONG SHOULD I WAIT? HOW TO BE PATIENT WHILE SINGLE - March 5, 2018
- 14 Sex Rules That Every Couple Must Follow for a Great Sex Life - March 4, 2018
- WE HAD SEX BEFORE OUR WEDDING. ARE THERE CONSEQUENCES? FIND OUT NOW! - March 4, 2018
- The Dos and Don’ts of Dealing With Your In-Laws - February 25, 2018
- How to guard your heart from extramarital affairs - February 25, 2018
- How to Handle Social Media Behavior of Teenagers - February 19, 2018
- Difference Between Pride & Ego - February 18, 2018
- The 21st Century Woman: How To Better Understand What She Really Wants - February 4, 2018