The parents of a newborn baby in Podgorica, Montenegro returned home from hospital to discover they had been given the wrong baby.
According to reports, the parents left the hospital thinking they were taking home their baby girl but quickly realised something was wrong. They discovered the mother and baby’s tag did not match.
The hospital launched an investigation into the incident and blamed the blunder on a nurse who reportedly did not follow procedures. The hospital however released a statement, saying that the doctors and nurses who were on duty when the baby swap happened would face disciplinary measures.
“We would like to assure the public that all those responsible will be sanctioned”.
The director of the clinical centre in the area said there was no justification for the incident and that the investigation would aim to find out whether the infant had been swapped deliberately or by mistake.
- Kim Kardashian shares cute childhood photo of herself - May 27, 2018
- “Dear future wife, just know that I will embarrass u with my dance moves forever” – Don Jazzy hopes to marry soon - May 27, 2018
- My wife took wrong advice from friends that nearly ruined our marriage – Afeez Owo - May 27, 2018
- Actor Dele Odule gives daughter out in marriage (photos) - May 27, 2018
- Top Nigerian MUA, Joyce Jacob is engaged to billionaire son Eyinna Anumudu - May 27, 2018
- Tonto Dikeh celebrates Children’s Day with her son, King Andre - May 27, 2018
- Italian footballer, Federico Zini and his ex-girlfriend found dead - May 27, 2018
- Charlyboy talks marriage, says the concept will no longer be fashionable - May 26, 2018
- More photos from the wedding of Footballer Emmanuel Emenike and Iheoma Nnaji - May 26, 2018
- Man caught after sneaking into neighbor’s flat to sleep with his wife in Lagos - May 26, 2018