The body of a 3-year-old boy, Waris, who went missing has been found in a soakaway pit in Lagos.
The boy was found dead in the cesspit of an uncompleted building on Simpson street in Ebute-Meta, Lagos.
Waris was with his mother in their apartment before he went out to play. When his mother didn’t find him in the compound moments later, she raised alarm and neighbours joined her in searching for the boy.
The child who went missing at about 3.30pm was not found until around 7 pm when one of his slippers was found beside the cesspit. Neighbours brought a ladder and searched inside the pit where Waris’ body was found. He was rushed to the hospital but was pronounced dead.
The father of the deceased said the cesspit was opened because workers wanted to work on it.
He said: “His mother went to pick him in school and when they got home, his mother changed his clothes and he went out to play. They don’t normally open the cesspit, but yesterday (Wednesday) they wanted to work on it, so they opened it to bring out water that was inside.”
- If you don’t have these 6 conversations, it can never be “Happily ever after…” - September 12, 2018
- The 3 P’s That Can Poison Your Marriage - September 12, 2018
- Heavily pregnant Linda Ikeji spotted exercising by showing off her dancing moves - September 6, 2018
- This Woman has been Carrying her sick Husband on her back for 5 years (watch video) - September 4, 2018
- Instagram user reveals how he almost poisoned his brother over 9ice and Ruggedman’s beef - September 4, 2018
- Archbishop Duncan-Williams explains why his first marriage of 26-years failed - September 4, 2018
- See lovely photo of Dbanj and his wife Lineo as they baecation in Dubai - September 4, 2018
- MC Galaxy announces his wedding date, says he is marrying the best woman in the world - September 4, 2018
- This 4-Year-Old ‘Superhero’ called 999 when his mum Collapsed (Watch Video) - September 4, 2018
- Wizkid’s first baby mama, Shola Ogudu calls him a toxic parent? - September 4, 2018