The body of a 3-year-old boy, Waris, who went missing has been found in a soakaway pit in Lagos.
The boy was found dead in the cesspit of an uncompleted building on Simpson street in Ebute-Meta, Lagos.
Waris was with his mother in their apartment before he went out to play. When his mother didn’t find him in the compound moments later, she raised alarm and neighbours joined her in searching for the boy.
The child who went missing at about 3.30pm was not found until around 7 pm when one of his slippers was found beside the cesspit. Neighbours brought a ladder and searched inside the pit where Waris’ body was found. He was rushed to the hospital but was pronounced dead.
The father of the deceased said the cesspit was opened because workers wanted to work on it.
He said: “His mother went to pick him in school and when they got home, his mother changed his clothes and he went out to play. They don’t normally open the cesspit, but yesterday (Wednesday) they wanted to work on it, so they opened it to bring out water that was inside.”
- “Let your daughter be happy, please” – Chrissy Teigen tells Meghan Markle’s Dad - July 30, 2018
- Three sisters confess to killing their dad after “years of sexual abuse and torture” - July 30, 2018
- “Happy birthday to my double blessing” – Femi Adebayo celebrates his twin sons as they clock a year older - July 30, 2018
- Groom, family members die in car crash on their way to wedding - July 30, 2018
- Celebrity Families: Beyonce and Jay-Z hang out backstage with DJ Khaled and his family at their On the Run II Tour (Photos) - July 30, 2018
- See this Nigerian father’s reactions for seeing his daughter after 2 years - July 30, 2018
- Photos from the wedding of Taraba state governor’s son - July 30, 2018
- Chelsea striker, Alvaro Morata and wife Alice Campello welcome lovely set of twins - July 30, 2018
- Iyabo Ojo’s children excited to see their dad for the first time in 6years - July 30, 2018
- Adorable new photos of Femi Fani-Kayode’s triplets - July 30, 2018