The body of a 3-year-old boy, Waris, who went missing has been found in a soakaway pit in Lagos.
The boy was found dead in the cesspit of an uncompleted building on Simpson street in Ebute-Meta, Lagos.
Waris was with his mother in their apartment before he went out to play. When his mother didn’t find him in the compound moments later, she raised alarm and neighbours joined her in searching for the boy.
The child who went missing at about 3.30pm was not found until around 7 pm when one of his slippers was found beside the cesspit. Neighbours brought a ladder and searched inside the pit where Waris’ body was found. He was rushed to the hospital but was pronounced dead.
The father of the deceased said the cesspit was opened because workers wanted to work on it.
He said: “His mother went to pick him in school and when they got home, his mother changed his clothes and he went out to play. They don’t normally open the cesspit, but yesterday (Wednesday) they wanted to work on it, so they opened it to bring out water that was inside.”
- Tboss pens lovely birthday message to her mom - July 18, 2018
- Councillor kills wife for condemning his affair with son’s girlfriend - July 18, 2018
- Nigerian soldier killed by Boko Haram just 3 months after wedding introduction - July 18, 2018
- Serena Williams’ father Richard ordered to undergo mental evaluation amid divorce battle - July 18, 2018
- Nigerian man lists rules and regulations his future wife must follow - July 18, 2018
- Sumbo Adeoye praises husband as he performs father’s duties on their newborn son - July 18, 2018
- Adorable photos of Bauchi Governor’s second wife, Barrister Aisha Mohammed and her lovely kids - July 18, 2018
- 23-year-old mom hanged herself in front of her daughter after an argument with her partner on him sleeping with another woman - July 18, 2018
- Check out cute photo of these beautiful dwarf twin sisters - July 18, 2018
- Hollywood stars, Eli Roth and Lorenza Izzo announce they’re separating - July 18, 2018