The Truth Behind Early Puberty:
I think every parents out there should read this and in fact share it with other parents for them to be inform. I am sure this will provide answers to a number of question re- kids hitting puberty before they even reach 10.
If you have been giving your kids a glass of milk everyday, it’s time to stop and see what it’s doing to them. Because lo-and-behold parents a particular hormone called oxytocin is being secretly injected into its supply everyday!
Yes, you read that right.
You not only have to worry about adulteration of milk in our country, but also about Oxytocin which is injected in the cattle to produce more milk.
And mind you, this hormone reportedly not only affects the animals, but also triggers faster puberty among young children. In a report by a daily, it was suggested that many doodhwaalas in India inject Oxytocin in their cattle, which lowers their reproductive ability eventually leaving them barren.
Children are hitting puberty at an early age
But the more dangerous part was the fact that this hormone has actually been leading an increased number of kids hitting early puberty. This means that your girl will get her periods really early and your boy may start growing facial hair at the age of just 10!
A report by Mid-Day stated that despite a ban on artificially injecting the hormone, Oxytocin is administered to cattle secretly.
Dr V L Deopurkar, director of research, Veterinary University, at Nagpur told the daily, “Oxytocin or Pitocin is an injection used on pregnant women to induce labour. Commercial tabelas are using oxytocin injections almost twice a day on cattle. Upon injecting the drug, the milk, which is otherwise stored in the udder of the cattle for its calves, is also released, giving a few additional litres of milk.”
Another expert Dr Rahul Kumar, pharmacologist with Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj Medical University, Lucknow told another daily, “Oxytocin adversely affects growth hormones especially in females because of which minor girls attain early puberty.”
How it reduces the age of puberty in kids?
Dr Parminder Singh, Endocrinologist, Ludhiana, told Mid-Day, “In the 1990s, menarche occurred among girls at age 16. This age has come down drastically, and nowadays anxious parents come to us when their daughters show signs of premature puberty at age 9 or 10. Cases of male children being diagnosed with gynaecomastia (breast enlargement) are on the rise.”
He further explained, “This is due to hormonal imbalances created by exogenous source of hormones like oxytocin in milk and dairy products. The Health Ministry and Drug Controller General of India should carry out rigorous checks to curb the misuse of hormones on cattle. Laboratories should be established to check the level of hormones and insecticides in food and dairy products.”
Why isn’t this hormone banned?
Well, after reading what you just read, if this is the question in your mind, let us tell you that this hormone is actually banned from sale over the counter.
Unfortunately, it is still being sold illegally and many dairy owners are administering them to their cattle in order to increase produce. But this heinous business is leading a lot more damage than good; with the worst affected being young boys and girls.
So what can be done?
You should always check the source of your milk consumption and if possible, take a sample and get it checked in a laboratory. Another way is to always keep a tab on any kind of adulteration in milk. Here’s how you can do it at home based on the guidelines of the central food regulator.
- Water: Put a drop if milk on a polished smooth surface.The drop of pure milk will slide down leaving a trail, while milk adulterated with water will slide down without an trail.
- Detergent: Shake 5-10 ml of sample milk with the same amount of water. If you spot lather, know that it is contaminated with detergent.
- Synthetic milk: Synthetic milk leaves a bitter after taste and turns yellow after heating. You can also spot synthetic milk by rubbing it between your fingers, if it feels soapy, it is synthetic.
- Starch: Add some Iodine solution to sample milk and if you see blue colour, it is an indication that there is presence of starch in the milk.
I am sure this has given us answers to some of the questions regarding reasons for Early Puberty in our children.
- Tips on How to Ensure Your Kids are Safe Online - November 8, 2017
- How to Help Your Child Answer the Question, “Where’s your Daddy” - November 1, 2017
- What can Women Learn from Men about Parenting? - October 19, 2017
- A survival guide for working parents: How to balance family and career - October 12, 2017
- The Financial Considerations Every New Parent Should Make - October 11, 2017
- How Companies Can Support New Parents - October 11, 2017
- SECRETS TO A HAPPY MARRIAGE [PART 2] - October 10, 2017
- Should Single Mums Become Dad’s on Father’s Day? - October 8, 2017
- A New Study Confirms That The Curse Of The Second-Born Child Is Real - October 8, 2017
- How to Build Your Confidence as a First Time Mother; Judith’s Story - October 6, 2017