According to a new study which found that most black fathers are unmarried and this revelation has led to a coversation online.
The study carried out by the Centers For Disease Control reveals that more than 3/4 of all Black fathers are not married. The study also found that 72% of Black men have had children by age 44. But only 27% of African American fathers were ever married to the child’s mother. That number applies irrespective of the race of the child’s mother.
The study goes on to point out that 78% of Black men with kids fathered at least one child outside of marriage.
Past studies have pointed out the high percentage of unwed Black mothers. The new study pointing out the percentage of unwed fathers exposes a crisis among Black men and social media activists are concerned by the high percentage of unwed fathers.
- I marvel at her strength and passion – Betty Irabor writes on her daughter, Sonia - September 21, 2018
- Watch the moment an actress slaps talk show audience member who criticized her child - September 21, 2018
- Kenyan Governor Okoth Obado impregnates wife’s sister - September 21, 2018
- WTF! Nigerian Pastor abandons wife in Canada, marries lady he introduced as his sister - September 21, 2018
- Christine and Frank Lampard welcome a baby girl, name her Patricia Charlotte - September 21, 2018
- Cardi B Shares throwback picture to her and Offset’s secret wedding - September 21, 2018
- Finally! Linda Ikeji’s baby daddy, Sholaye Jeremi speaks out - September 21, 2018
- Mikel Obi Proud Of His Twin Daughters As They Resume At New School - September 21, 2018
- Give Praise To God If Someone Chops Down Your Wife — Counsellor Lutterodt To Married Men - September 21, 2018
- NBA star Richard Jefferson’s father killed in a drive-by shooting in Compton - September 21, 2018