Researchers in the United States confirm that a trial in which American teenagers used a vaginal ring to prevent HIV infection has proved successful.
Now, a further study will be run with teenagers in Africa. The girls used a flexible plastic ring, embedded with anti-retroviral drugs, which was changed every month over a six-month period.
The research Is part of a drive to develop a device which women can use to protect themselves from HIV infection, so they don’t have to rely on men to wear condoms.
Reporting the development at a conference about HIV science in Paris, the researchers said they were encouraged that the girls used the ring and said they liked it.
- WOW! Housemaid thrown lavish wedding years after her Madam adopted her for being humble (Photos) - August 21, 2017
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE! Man beats wife to death in Benue (Graphics Photos) - August 21, 2017
- THANK GOD! Checkout Funke Akindele’s Baby Bump (Photos) - August 21, 2017
- FREE BONANZA! A hospital in Kaduna is offering free surgery for a week to celebrate President Buhari’s return - August 20, 2017
- Monalisa Chinda- How I knew my 2nd husband was the one for me - August 20, 2017
- Kiki Osinbajo all smiles and pretty in new photo - August 20, 2017
- BIZZARE! Nigerian men celebrate Pres.Buhari’s return by drinking water and soft drink from the ground (Photos) - August 20, 2017
- Bawo Emami Appreciates God Amidst Curses And Insults From Followers(Read Comments) - August 20, 2017
- FAMILY VACATION! IK Osakioduwa and family visit Guliver’s land - August 20, 2017
- ‘I never had a boyfriend’ – Enugu girl who made 9As in WAEC - August 20, 2017