Researchers in the United States confirm that a trial in which American teenagers used a vaginal ring to prevent HIV infection has proved successful.
Now, a further study will be run with teenagers in Africa. The girls used a flexible plastic ring, embedded with anti-retroviral drugs, which was changed every month over a six-month period.
The research Is part of a drive to develop a device which women can use to protect themselves from HIV infection, so they don’t have to rely on men to wear condoms.
Reporting the development at a conference about HIV science in Paris, the researchers said they were encouraged that the girls used the ring and said they liked it.
- Tonto Dikeh proclaim her love for Bobrisky as they step out in black coordinating circle (Photos) - July 15, 2018
- Nollywood Actor Daniel K. Daniel and his wife wear matching outfits as they pose in front of the White House - July 15, 2018
- Son Of Veteran Nollywood Actors,Olu Jacobs & Joke Silva Weds In Style (Photos/Videos) - July 15, 2018
- OMG! 2 Weeks After Their Wedding In Kaduna, Young Couples Found Dead - July 15, 2018
- Firdaus Amasa, finally called to bar wearing her Hijab after graduating from Law School - July 10, 2018
- Zahra Buhari give birth to a male child in Spain - July 10, 2018
- 50 Cent disengage Remy Ma after her husband attack him for commenting on her weight - July 10, 2018
- Justin Bieber affirms engagement to Hailey Baldwin, declares love for her, and promises to spend forever with her - July 10, 2018
- Checkout Joseph the plantain seller is enrolled in a private school after passing entrance exam - July 9, 2018
- Checkout The Pre-Wedding Photos Of A Popular Veteran Nollywood Actor - July 8, 2018