DAMI DEOLA | 21 APRIL 2017
Nigerian Illustrator and Content Creator, Somto Ajuluchukwu, in an interview with DesignIndaba, talks about his comic outfit, Vortex, their purpose, mission, and how they’ve set out to re-orientate the african child.
In the interview, Somto, explains how as a kid he realized they were lots of great comic characters and environments but he couldn’t relate to them because they lacked the african setting, culture, and look.
That’s why in 2015, he set up Vortex Comics, which would create african characters in African settings with African language and clothing. He also enthused that foreign comic characters like Superman, Batman, Spiderman, got their powers through science, but in Africa it’s spirituality and religion that acts as the source of power for Vortex characters.
Somto Ajuluchukwu, plans to plant it’s feet at the centre of african storytelling, mysticism and entertainment using the power of comic books and illustration.
Click the link below to watch the interview and you can view more comics from Vortex here
- Romantic Valentine’s Day Messages for Her - February 13, 2019
- Essential tips for When Someone you love hurts you Deeply - February 11, 2019
- Senator wear designs for men in Nigeria (PHOTOS) - January 26, 2019
- Senator Native Designs For Men 2019 - January 26, 2019
- Ibidunni Ighodalo has given birth to a baby boy after 19 years of waiting. - January 23, 2019
- When He disappears for a few Days - January 23, 2019
- When God takes away a Relationship - January 23, 2019
- What should a Husband do in a Sexless Marriage - January 23, 2019
- Scriptures to Speak over your Child - December 31, 2018
- EWEDU AND ITS HEALTH BENEFITS.10 Health Benefits of Ewedu leaf - December 31, 2018