A Nigerian man has pleaded guilty to the manslaughter of 17-year-old Katrina Makunova in Camberwell, South London.
Oluwaseyi Dada, 21 pleaded guilty to manslaughter today (09.01.19) on the first day of his trial at the Old Bailey.
The court heard how Dada and Katrina had been in a relationship that had recently deteriorated. A series of social media communications between Dada and Katrina were obtained by police from the victim’s mobile phone which showed there was a feud between them, with both parties making veiled threats and insulting each other.
On Thursday, 12 July 2018, Katrina had gone to the lobby of a block of flats on Brisbane Street where Dada lived. The pair encountered each other on the ground floor and a struggle began.
During the course of this altercation both of them fell, but unfortunately Katrina was carrying a knife in her handbag
Katrina fell onto the handbag, causing the knife to pierce the bag and then stab Karina in the chest.
Police were called to reports of the incident and on arrival officers found Dada administered CPR to Katrina.
Despite the efforts of paramedics, Katrina was pronounced dead at the scene at 13:02hrs.
He will be sentenced on the Tuesday, 29 January.
- Man shoots wife, brother dead after catching them in bed - January 20, 2019
- Linda Ikeji’s Son Jayce Is 4 Months Old Today - January 20, 2019
- So Touching! My female friend who was married to an old Alhaji at age 12 died at childbirth - January 20, 2019
- Speed Darlington shoot his shot at Tiwa Savage - January 20, 2019
- Despite being in love with Queen Ure, we never married – Soul E Baba - January 20, 2019
- How to deal with your husband’s side chic disturbing your marriage - January 19, 2019
- Could My GF Be Cheating? Man Ask After Seeing Girlfriend Driving Strange Man’s G-Wagon - January 19, 2019
- Help! Am I in love with my own sister - January 19, 2019
- Trusting my heart with the wrong man turn me to a single mom - January 19, 2019
- Young boy dragged after showcasing his ‘underage’ lover on social media - January 19, 2019