Nigerian singer cum politician, Kenny Saint Brown has just spoken about the increasing rate of domestic violence in the country particularly in the entertainment industry. In an exclusive chat with LIB, KSB who recently launched her new book ‘Stop, Turn Around’ where she opened up on her life and travails said,
‘My thoughts on domestic violence is that we women keep quite for a long time. It starts and it looks like the first time was a mistake, then he apologises and buys you gifts and that covers it up.
And the second time it happens again and at that point as a celebrity, you have your PR to cover up because once the PR is affected, it may affect sales, endorsement deals and almost everything and somehow you are no longer the saint everyone thinks you are and that means alot because it took you a long time to build that level of reputation and personality and that’s why most times celebrities tend to keep quite about it’.
‘yes I’ll say a bit of experience from me because in my own case we had two extreme worlds and I won’t lie to you I got a lot of prayers and family support and love that’s what’s most important because they tend to absorb the pain with you. So for me, It was church, my family and Pastor that gave me succor. Most celebrities don’t have that luxury because they tend to live larger than life and don’t bring their family close son in times of crisis they are left alone with the believe that they have it all figured out’.
‘for me It boils down to humility because the truth is, nobody is above domestic violence, even pastors. Some pastors deck their wives and on Sunday morning sister has to put up that holy face, pancake and the hat to cover it all up. I’m an advocate of speaking out so you don’t die in silence but most importantly our men shouldn’t take to drinking. if a man can stay off drinking, no matter how his wife annoys him, with a clear head he most likely won’t
- Dear Women, Don’t Let Love Blind You to These 5 Important Things - August 22, 2017
- Does It Bother You That You’ve Never Been in a Relationship Before? - August 22, 2017
- Here’s What to Do If You Always Attract the Wrong Man - August 20, 2017
- Letting Your Husband Raise Your Child - August 16, 2017
- Cece Yara Child Advocacy Centre launches Child-Friendly Forensic Interviewing Facility for Sexual Abuse Victims - August 9, 2017
- Busta Rhymes’ Emotional Post After dropping off Son in College - August 8, 2017
- Stella of Jadore Fashion celebrates 7th Wedding Anniversary with Breathtaking Photos - August 8, 2017
- This simple ‘hack’ could get your kids to eat more vegetables. - August 8, 2017
- Telling Your Spouse About Your Affair - August 8, 2017
- Watch:Ronke Oshodi Oke explaining herself regarding the interview that almost ruin her reputation. - August 3, 2017