Former President, Olusegun Obansanjo has said he wants to go to heaven and longs to sing among the heavenly host.
Speaking on Saturday at the Apostolic Faith Church Camp Meeting Concert in Ogun State, Obasanjo said:
“You have to be fully prepared for the second coming of our Lord, there is no compromise.
“I have a friend who will always say that when we get to heaven, we will be exhausted praising God and it will be like a prison and very boring.
“But with what I have seen by the choir this afternoon, I will want to go to heaven and join the host to sing.
“If this is an example of what praising God in heaven will be like, then I want to be part of it. If what I have seen here is an indication of how heaven will be, I will like go to heaven.
“Jesus Christ came to the world to show us the way to salvation and eternal life. We have a good heritage and we have everything to be proud of.”
The News Agency of Nigeria adds that Obasanjo also said God could not fix Nigeria except Nigerians invite God into their lives collectively and individually.
“We have a lot of things wrong with this country, if all Nigerians are sincere.
“Nigeria can be fixed by God but we have to invite Him into our lives. What we have to do about this country is in our hands.
“Gods grace abounds when we do not abuse it,” he said.
- WOW! Housemaid thrown lavish wedding years after her Madam adopted her for being humble (Photos) - August 21, 2017
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE! Man beats wife to death in Benue (Graphics Photos) - August 21, 2017
- THANK GOD! Checkout Funke Akindele’s Baby Bump (Photos) - August 21, 2017
- FREE BONANZA! A hospital in Kaduna is offering free surgery for a week to celebrate President Buhari’s return - August 20, 2017
- Monalisa Chinda- How I knew my 2nd husband was the one for me - August 20, 2017
- Kiki Osinbajo all smiles and pretty in new photo - August 20, 2017
- BIZZARE! Nigerian men celebrate Pres.Buhari’s return by drinking water and soft drink from the ground (Photos) - August 20, 2017
- Bawo Emami Appreciates God Amidst Curses And Insults From Followers(Read Comments) - August 20, 2017
- FAMILY VACATION! IK Osakioduwa and family visit Guliver’s land - August 20, 2017
- ‘I never had a boyfriend’ – Enugu girl who made 9As in WAEC - August 20, 2017