Former President, Olusegun Obansanjo has said he wants to go to heaven and longs to sing among the heavenly host.
Speaking on Saturday at the Apostolic Faith Church Camp Meeting Concert in Ogun State, Obasanjo said:
“You have to be fully prepared for the second coming of our Lord, there is no compromise.
“I have a friend who will always say that when we get to heaven, we will be exhausted praising God and it will be like a prison and very boring.
“But with what I have seen by the choir this afternoon, I will want to go to heaven and join the host to sing.
“If this is an example of what praising God in heaven will be like, then I want to be part of it. If what I have seen here is an indication of how heaven will be, I will like go to heaven.
“Jesus Christ came to the world to show us the way to salvation and eternal life. We have a good heritage and we have everything to be proud of.”
The News Agency of Nigeria adds that Obasanjo also said God could not fix Nigeria except Nigerians invite God into their lives collectively and individually.
“We have a lot of things wrong with this country, if all Nigerians are sincere.
“Nigeria can be fixed by God but we have to invite Him into our lives. What we have to do about this country is in our hands.
“Gods grace abounds when we do not abuse it,” he said.
- Tonto Dikeh proclaim her love for Bobrisky as they step out in black coordinating circle (Photos) - July 15, 2018
- Nollywood Actor Daniel K. Daniel and his wife wear matching outfits as they pose in front of the White House - July 15, 2018
- Son Of Veteran Nollywood Actors,Olu Jacobs & Joke Silva Weds In Style (Photos/Videos) - July 15, 2018
- OMG! 2 Weeks After Their Wedding In Kaduna, Young Couples Found Dead - July 15, 2018
- Firdaus Amasa, finally called to bar wearing her Hijab after graduating from Law School - July 10, 2018
- Zahra Buhari give birth to a male child in Spain - July 10, 2018
- 50 Cent disengage Remy Ma after her husband attack him for commenting on her weight - July 10, 2018
- Justin Bieber affirms engagement to Hailey Baldwin, declares love for her, and promises to spend forever with her - July 10, 2018
- Checkout Joseph the plantain seller is enrolled in a private school after passing entrance exam - July 9, 2018
- Checkout The Pre-Wedding Photos Of A Popular Veteran Nollywood Actor - July 8, 2018