A young Russian couple who went missing nearly 12 years ago have been found dead today.
25-year-old Ilya Zhirnov and his girlfriend Kira Cherkasova, 22, who went missing in December 2005 without a trace were found dead in the river Volga in central Russia.
According to a Police report, their remains were found inside a car at the bottom of Volga in the city of Cheboksary in central Russia’s Chuvash Republic today.
The couple’s car was reportedly found in the river by a local diving enthusiast when he was exploring the waters near a local beach. He reported his discovery to police who then winched the car out of the river.
Police were able to identify the couple through the car document which was retrieved from the vehicle after it survived for more than a decade underwater.
The police report says they were last seen in December 2005 when Mr. Zhirnov borrowed a car from his father to pick up Miss Cherkasova from work.
They said after years of frustrated investigations on the missing couple, they were eventually forced to close the case as a result of lack of evidence, and the families have been left in the dark as to the young lovers’ fate until today.
Police believe the lovers’ death was an accident and that icy roads near the river may have been to blame for their tragic end.
Investigations are now expected to continue which after, Police findings will be made public.
- WOW! Housemaid thrown lavish wedding years after her Madam adopted her for being humble (Photos) - August 21, 2017
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE! Man beats wife to death in Benue (Graphics Photos) - August 21, 2017
- THANK GOD! Checkout Funke Akindele’s Baby Bump (Photos) - August 21, 2017
- FREE BONANZA! A hospital in Kaduna is offering free surgery for a week to celebrate President Buhari’s return - August 20, 2017
- Monalisa Chinda- How I knew my 2nd husband was the one for me - August 20, 2017
- Kiki Osinbajo all smiles and pretty in new photo - August 20, 2017
- BIZZARE! Nigerian men celebrate Pres.Buhari’s return by drinking water and soft drink from the ground (Photos) - August 20, 2017
- Bawo Emami Appreciates God Amidst Curses And Insults From Followers(Read Comments) - August 20, 2017
- FAMILY VACATION! IK Osakioduwa and family visit Guliver’s land - August 20, 2017
- ‘I never had a boyfriend’ – Enugu girl who made 9As in WAEC - August 20, 2017