A 67-year-old woman was scheduled for routine cataract surgery before doctors at Solihull Hospital in the UK found 27 contact lenses, stuck in the woman’s right eye.
In an article published in the BMJ this month, a specialist trainee in ophthalmology and author of the paper, Rupal Morjaria, said the woman hadn’t complained about any visual trouble before the operation until a consultant anesthetist at the hospital,Richard Crombie, was beginning to numb her eye for surgery when he found the first cluster of contacts. “He put a speculum into the eye to hold the eye open as he put the anesthetic in, and he noticed a blue mass under the top eyelid”.
That mass was a clump of 17 lenses. The other 10 were discovered in an additional examination. “We were all shocked, We’ve never come across this” Morjaria said.
The woman had been wearing monthly disposable contact lenses for 35 years. Sometimes, she told the surgeons, when she would try to remove a contact from that eye, she couldn’t find it.
- Tonto Dikeh proclaim her love for Bobrisky as they step out in black coordinating circle (Photos) - July 15, 2018
- Nollywood Actor Daniel K. Daniel and his wife wear matching outfits as they pose in front of the White House - July 15, 2018
- Son Of Veteran Nollywood Actors,Olu Jacobs & Joke Silva Weds In Style (Photos/Videos) - July 15, 2018
- OMG! 2 Weeks After Their Wedding In Kaduna, Young Couples Found Dead - July 15, 2018
- Firdaus Amasa, finally called to bar wearing her Hijab after graduating from Law School - July 10, 2018
- Zahra Buhari give birth to a male child in Spain - July 10, 2018
- 50 Cent disengage Remy Ma after her husband attack him for commenting on her weight - July 10, 2018
- Justin Bieber affirms engagement to Hailey Baldwin, declares love for her, and promises to spend forever with her - July 10, 2018
- Checkout Joseph the plantain seller is enrolled in a private school after passing entrance exam - July 9, 2018
- Checkout The Pre-Wedding Photos Of A Popular Veteran Nollywood Actor - July 8, 2018