A 67-year-old woman was scheduled for routine cataract surgery before doctors at Solihull Hospital in the UK found 27 contact lenses, stuck in the woman’s right eye.
In an article published in the BMJ this month, a specialist trainee in ophthalmology and author of the paper, Rupal Morjaria, said the woman hadn’t complained about any visual trouble before the operation until a consultant anesthetist at the hospital,Richard Crombie, was beginning to numb her eye for surgery when he found the first cluster of contacts. “He put a speculum into the eye to hold the eye open as he put the anesthetic in, and he noticed a blue mass under the top eyelid”.
That mass was a clump of 17 lenses. The other 10 were discovered in an additional examination. “We were all shocked, We’ve never come across this” Morjaria said.
The woman had been wearing monthly disposable contact lenses for 35 years. Sometimes, she told the surgeons, when she would try to remove a contact from that eye, she couldn’t find it.
- WOW! Housemaid thrown lavish wedding years after her Madam adopted her for being humble (Photos) - August 21, 2017
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE! Man beats wife to death in Benue (Graphics Photos) - August 21, 2017
- THANK GOD! Checkout Funke Akindele’s Baby Bump (Photos) - August 21, 2017
- FREE BONANZA! A hospital in Kaduna is offering free surgery for a week to celebrate President Buhari’s return - August 20, 2017
- Monalisa Chinda- How I knew my 2nd husband was the one for me - August 20, 2017
- Kiki Osinbajo all smiles and pretty in new photo - August 20, 2017
- BIZZARE! Nigerian men celebrate Pres.Buhari’s return by drinking water and soft drink from the ground (Photos) - August 20, 2017
- Bawo Emami Appreciates God Amidst Curses And Insults From Followers(Read Comments) - August 20, 2017
- FAMILY VACATION! IK Osakioduwa and family visit Guliver’s land - August 20, 2017
- ‘I never had a boyfriend’ – Enugu girl who made 9As in WAEC - August 20, 2017