Wonders will never seize to happen in this life! A baby boy was born ‘pregnant’ with his own twin brother.
Doctors discovered the half-formed male baby – complete with a brain, arm and legs – behind the otherwise-healthy baby boy’s stomach after he was born.
They successfully operated to remove the 7cm mass, which they suspect was a rare ‘foetus in fetu’ twin pregnancy – one of around 200 ever recorded in the world.
Radiologist Dr Bhavna Thorat, who spotted the problem during a routine scan, said: ‘It was inside a fetal sac of the newborn.’
The unnamed baby and his 19-year-old mother from Mumbra, in India, are both healthy and doing well.
‘I could see a tiny head with the brain inside’
Dr Thorat noticed the abnormality during a routine scan of the pregnant woman at Bilal Hospital in Mumbra in early July.
When the baby was born nine days later on July 20 he scanned the baby and found ‘another small baby’ inside the newborn’s abdomen.
Dr Thorat said: ‘I could see bones of the upper and lower limbs of the fetus.
‘The unique thing about it was I could see a tiny head with the brain inside.
‘However, this parasitic twin didn’t have a skull bone.’
The newborn was taken to Titan Hospital in Thane for surgery to remove the 150g mass.
Dr. Nichlani added: ‘The baby is now doing extremely well and the mother will begin feeding him soon.’
‘It can lead to death’
Gynecologist Dr Neena Nichlani said: ‘It is a case of monozygotic twin pregnancy sharing single placenta, where one fetus wraps itself around and envelops the other and robs the host of its nutrition.
‘It can be implanted in skull, abdomen or tail bone of the host.
‘Sometimes it can also lead to the death of the host because both get nutrition from a single cord.’
Dr Nichlani said the baby has been sent for further testing, reports are awaited.
See photos below:
- WOW! Housemaid thrown lavish wedding years after her Madam adopted her for being humble (Photos) - August 21, 2017
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE! Man beats wife to death in Benue (Graphics Photos) - August 21, 2017
- THANK GOD! Checkout Funke Akindele’s Baby Bump (Photos) - August 21, 2017
- FREE BONANZA! A hospital in Kaduna is offering free surgery for a week to celebrate President Buhari’s return - August 20, 2017
- Monalisa Chinda- How I knew my 2nd husband was the one for me - August 20, 2017
- Kiki Osinbajo all smiles and pretty in new photo - August 20, 2017
- BIZZARE! Nigerian men celebrate Pres.Buhari’s return by drinking water and soft drink from the ground (Photos) - August 20, 2017
- Bawo Emami Appreciates God Amidst Curses And Insults From Followers(Read Comments) - August 20, 2017
- FAMILY VACATION! IK Osakioduwa and family visit Guliver’s land - August 20, 2017
- ‘I never had a boyfriend’ – Enugu girl who made 9As in WAEC - August 20, 2017