A father stabbed his two daughters to death yesterday by luring them into the house with mangoes.
Mr James Maina, 30, met his daughters playing outside their home in Mishomoroni, Mombasa county, Kenya, while their mother wasn’t around and he asked them to come in and eat mangoes.
The girls, aged six and four, followed their father into their one-room home and he grabbed a knife and stabbed them. One was stabbed in the chest and the other had her neck slashed.
Rather than call for help, the father, who was reportedly drunk at the time, sat on a keg near where his bleeding daughters lay.
It wasn’t until a neighbour named Ms Lina Righa, who feeds the girls in the absence of their mother, called for them for lunch and they didn’t respond, that it was discovered something was amiss. Ms Lina sent her child to check on them but the child returned to tell her that the door was locked.
She narrated: The children usually eat lunch at my house when their mother is not around but when I called them, neither responded. I sent my child to look for them. She told me their door was locked.
As Ms Righa prepared to go and find out where the children were, their mother, a businesswoman, returned home.
Ms Lina continued: I went with her and knocked on the door. The children’s father did not respond, so we broke down the door. We found him sitting on a jerrican. He said he had killed the children.
Ms Righa, who is the couple’s landlady, said Mr Maina had spent the whole day indoors drinking.
The couple has been living here for four months and the woman has been having problems because of her husband’s drinking. She is the one who has been struggling to feed the family.
Mr Maina’s father, Mr Charles Kimani, acknowledged that his son has had a drinking problem for years, adding that it has been causing problems in his eight-year marriage.
Mombasa Police Commander Johnston Ipara said that Mr Maina was arrested and is being held at the Nyali Police Station.
Watch video below:
- Aliko Dangote’s nephew Mohammed weds Malaysian billionaire’s daughter - December 10, 2018
- HIV positive family members show off drugs they take daily - December 10, 2018
- Woman kills self, 2 children over husband’s plan to marry second wife - December 10, 2018
- You can’t embarrass my wife for talking politics in church – Sen. Akpabio criticises Bishop for scolding his wife during church service - December 10, 2018
- Buju Banton reunites with his daughter who was just 11-years old when he was jailed in 2011 - December 10, 2018
- Nigerian Couple who met on Twitter celebrate their engagement - December 10, 2018
- Thank you for elevating me to the club of motherhood – Vivian Chiologi-Shittu who welcomed her first child at 51, appreciates God as she turns a year older today - December 10, 2018
- I miss Cardi – Offset declares to the world after he and his wife split - December 10, 2018
- Drama As Woman’s Engagement Ring Falls Into The Drain Moments After Boyfriend Proposed - December 10, 2018
- Linda Ikeji Shares Photo Of Herself And Baby J, Reveals Her Banana Island House Is Now Worth N850M - December 10, 2018