Residents of Gumisiriza village in Rukunyu Parish, Kakumiro District, Uganda are in grief after a woman stabbed and killed her pregnant co-wife.
The women were married to Mr Amon Byerete.
30years old, Prudence Kemigyishaa, was allegedly stabbed with a knife by her co-wife, who is purportedly on the run.
The incident happened on Friday morning when the deceased had gone to seek guidance on how to handle casual labourers from her husband who had spent the night at the home of the suspected killer.
According to some residents’ accounts, on knocking the door, the suspect emerged from the house and stabbed her several times on the chest, stomach and other parts of the body.
The woman who was reportedly six months pregnant, died moments later.
Their neighbour,Ms Merabu Muhiirwe, told Daily Monitor that the deceased cried for help from her husband. He, however, allegedly did nothing to stop the attacker.
‘‘We heard an alarm but it was too late for us to save her from the attacker. What is annoying is that the man [husband] just kept quiet inside the houses as the two women fought at the door step,’’ Ms Muhiirwe said.
After allegedly committing crime, the suspect fled the home.
Mr Byerete said that his deceased first wife previously attempted to attack his second wife over family issues but never knew that the rivalry would culminate in death.
The area Local Council I chairperson, Mr Aroziyo Byaruhanga said the matter was reported to police.
Police at Kakindo police post confirmed the incident.
This is the fourth person to be murdered in Kakindo Sub County in a space of two months.
- Tonto Dikeh reveals how she lost her baby weight - August 17, 2017
- I need out of house arrest to feed my kids! – DMX laments - August 17, 2017
- BIZZARE! Nigerian man marries his older white lover (Photos) - August 17, 2017
- Kim Kardashian West Talks about having a third baby - August 17, 2017
- Pretty Mike- ‘You are stupid if you give your last kobo to your pastor to buy jet but dont have bicycle’ - August 17, 2017
- Odunlade Adekola is not the father of my child- actress Bukola Adeeyo cries out - August 17, 2017
- Timi Dakolo’s kids looks beautiful in matching outfits - August 17, 2017
- WHAT! ‘If my boyfriend is broke, I will cheat on him’ – Nigerian lady reveals, explains why - August 16, 2017
- THE LORD IS GOOD! 16 years after marriage,Nigerian pastors welcome set of twins (Photos) - August 16, 2017
- “One of the reasons I still work” – 2face enthuse over his daughter Isabella (Photo) - August 16, 2017