The Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi is not planning to remarry anytime soon, his palace has said in a statement.
The monarch was previously married to Wuraola Ogunwusi (now Zaynab-Otiti Obanor) but the royal union lasted only 17 months.
Since the pair parted ways in August 2017, speculations have been rife on the king’s next wife, and of late, he has been linked to Temitope Adesegun.
Reacting to the viral reports that the monarch is planning to marry Temitope Adesegun, the co-convener of Hope Alive, his palace said it is a farce.
“Ooni’s marriage cannot be done secretly,” Jide Fadairo, a prince and CEO, House of Oduduwa Foundation, said in a statement made available to TheCable Lifestyle.
“It involves not only the Royal family, it involves Yoruba custom and a lot of elders and our tradition are to be taken into cognisance. Please dismiss the story, it is another fake news.”
Fadairo said the monarch is preoccupied with the renaissance of Yoruba culture and promotion of the race’s customs and traditions globally.
According to him, Ogunwusi will not rush into taking a new wife.
“That’s not on His Imperial Majesty’s mind. Marriage is not something he wants to do right away,” said Fadairo, husband of the monarch’s sister.
“Many names have been bandied around but I can tell you they are all false, just like this case.”
Ogunwunsi is the 51st monarch to ascend the prestigious Ile-Ife throne.
- Examples of being Unequally Yoked in Relationships - November 18, 2018
- Letting go and letting God in relationships. - November 14, 2018
- Signs that you are being Ghosted in a Relationship - November 14, 2018
- The Best Sex Positions During Pregnancy - October 30, 2018
- Cucumber benefits for men: Cucumber wonders is more than boosting men’s sex drive - October 26, 2018
- Benefits of bitter kola - October 23, 2018
- How God Can Bring People Together - October 17, 2018
- Being Ghosted in a Relationship. - October 11, 2018
- Fighting for my marriage.If you don’t have these 6 conversations, it can never be “Happily ever after…” - September 12, 2018
- The 3 P’s That Can Poison Your Marriage - September 12, 2018