My daughter watches me keenly and for that alone, I have conditioned myself to walk straight and to realise that an extra pair of eyes are watching every move I make.
I am a father of a beautiful, smart and impressionable girl, who somehow loves to get lost in my dirty laundry. Figuratively and literally, she loves to nourish herself to the sweet smelling fragrance oozing from my dirty laundry.
I’ve thought well and hard about that particular, innocent behavior of my daughter and I’ve come to the conclusion that we fathers do so much to shape our daughters lives at all phases of development than we know.
She’s quicker than her mum to read my mood and she’s fiercely protective of me and my personal space. She’s taught me more on how best to relate with her mom. Not appraising her above her mom but Providence indeed uses simple things to confound the most discerning amongst us. Knowing I could be sowing the wrongest seeds in her that I might grow up to regret in her adulthood. No lies or obnoxious behaviors from me to anyone if I can help it.
My impulsiveness to anger, bad languages and lasciviousness are completely tamed knowing that little sponge is around.
Our kids in later years shall reference us in deed and in kind. I hope we are paying diligent attention to our own selves!
- Scriptures to Speak over your Child - December 31, 2018
- 10 Health Benefits of Ewedu leaf - December 31, 2018
- Signs He doesn’t Respect You - December 30, 2018
- Scriptures for Singles - December 19, 2018
- Scriptures for Prosperity and Wealth - December 19, 2018
- How to let go and let God:Letting go and letting God in Relationships - December 2, 2018
- How to Spice up your Marriage - November 28, 2018
- How to know God’s Will in a Relationship - November 28, 2018
- Check out the Best Aso-Ebi Styles Of The Week - November 28, 2018
- Adorable family photo to celebrate 29th wedding anniversary of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo and his wife Dolapo. - November 25, 2018