My daughter watches me keenly and for that alone, I have conditioned myself to walk straight and to realise that an extra pair of eyes are watching every move I make.
I am a father of a beautiful, smart and impressionable girl, who somehow loves to get lost in my dirty laundry. Figuratively and literally, she loves to nourish herself to the sweet smelling fragrance oozing from my dirty laundry.
I’ve thought well and hard about that particular, innocent behavior of my daughter and I’ve come to the conclusion that we fathers do so much to shape our daughters lives at all phases of development than we know.
She’s quicker than her mum to read my mood and she’s fiercely protective of me and my personal space. She’s taught me more on how best to relate with her mom. Not appraising her above her mom but Providence indeed uses simple things to confound the most discerning amongst us. Knowing I could be sowing the wrongest seeds in her that I might grow up to regret in her adulthood. No lies or obnoxious behaviors from me to anyone if I can help it.
My impulsiveness to anger, bad languages and lasciviousness are completely tamed knowing that little sponge is around.
Our kids in later years shall reference us in deed and in kind. I hope we are paying diligent attention to our own selves!
- Suspected kidnapper apprehended after abducting boy in Lagos - July 26, 2018
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle melt hearts as they kiss at the Sentebale Polo Match - July 26, 2018
- Alaafin of Oyo with all his wives at daughter’s Royal wedding (photos) - July 25, 2018
- How We Discovered the Secret to a Better Sex Life - July 25, 2018
- The Pain of Losing A Child - July 25, 2018
- 5 New Year Resolutions for every Single Mother - July 25, 2018
- Video of a woman Giving Birth In her back Garden - July 24, 2018
- College Life for a Single Mum - July 22, 2018
- Teaching Self Defence to your Teenager - July 22, 2018
- Parents,Reverend Funke Adejumo may be barred from entering the UK, US here is why - July 20, 2018