To start of this article, we will first define what ovulation means.
According to Wikipedia, ovulation is defined as:
Ovulation is the release of egg from the ovaries. In humans, this event occurs when the de Graaf’s follicles rupture and release the secondary oocyte ovarian cells. After ovulation, during the luteal phase, the egg will be available to be fertilized by sperm. In addition, the uterine lining (endometrim) is thickened to be able to receive a fertilized egg. If no conception occurs, the uterine lining as well as blood will be shed during menstruation.
In women, ovulation happens about midway through your menstrual cycle, after the follicular phase. The few days surrounding ovulation (from approximately days 10 to 18 of a 28 day cycle), are made up of the most fertile phase. The time from the beginning of the last menstrual period (LMP) until ovulation is, on average, 14.6 days, but with
Chances of successfully conceiving are higher when you know your fertile period and a woman’s fertile period, is determined by analyzing her menstrual cycle with an ovulation calculator or fertility chart. Normally, the cycle is a 28 day cycle.
The ovum is released about 14th day after a period, and this process is called ovulation. The 12th to 16th days after a period are said to be a woman’s most fertile period.
Here are ways to know you are fertile:
Making use of an ovulation Calendar
- Day 1 of a woman’s period is regarded as the first day
- Most times the egg is released on the 14h day patiently waiting for a sperm to fertilize it.
- The egg has a lifespan of just 12 to 24 hours. A sperm, on the other hand can last for about 72 hours in a woman.
- Sex on day 12 and day 16 is important as it is the time that the woman has the highest chances for pregnancy.
Measuring The Basal Temperature
- During ovulation, a woman’s temperature rises by 0.5 to 1.5 degrees.
- Basal body temperature is usually recorded each day of every month, for a certain period to help determine when the woman is most fertile,
Cervix Mucous Method
- During ovulation, the cervical mucous appears clear, stretchy and like egg white in consistency. This is a clear sign that the woman is ovulating.
- The cervix on some days can be dry, sticky and cloudy, its most great fr women when it’s wet, clear and stretchy.
Physical Examination Of The Cervix
- Some women physically examine their cervix to determine ovulation. During ovulation, the cervix is open and closed at other times.
- Some women have a dull ache in the lower abdomen during ovulation, the ache, may last for just a few seconds to a few hours. Some women on the other hand, spot during ovulation, making it easier to know when they are most fertile.
- Also, for every couple trying for a baby, having an ideal body weight, staying away from teratogens, eating nutritious well balanced meals, adopting life style changes and making love during the fertile period of the woman will definitely aid in increasing their chances for a conception.
- Chiwetalu Agu Set To Drop New Music Album - March 22, 2017
- Wyclef Jean Recounts How He Was Wrongfully Arrested By LAPD - March 22, 2017
- Doctors Are Under Pressure – Friend Of Doctor Allwell Orji Pens Lengthy Message - March 22, 2017
- Its A Blessing He Died – Woman Recounts How Her Husband Was Sexually Abusing Their 4-Year Old - March 22, 2017
- Nigerians Drag Rosaline Meurer As She Enables IG Comments - March 22, 2017
- Reason Singer Mel B Split From Husband Of 10-years Finally Revealed - March 22, 2017
- Police Bar Mother From Seeing Son Arrested Since 2015 - March 22, 2017
- Pregnancy Week 11: All You Need To Know - March 22, 2017
- Georgina Onuoha Celebrates Daughter As She Turns 10 - March 22, 2017
- Nasarawa State Governor’s Son To Be Charged With Manslaughter For Death Of Student - March 22, 2017