To start of this article, we will first define what ovulation means.
According to Wikipedia, ovulation is defined as:
Ovulation is the release of egg from the ovaries. In humans, this event occurs when the de Graaf’s follicles rupture and release the secondary oocyte ovarian cells. After ovulation, during the luteal phase, the egg will be available to be fertilized by sperm. In addition, the uterine lining (endometrim) is thickened to be able to receive a fertilized egg. If no conception occurs, the uterine lining as well as blood will be shed during menstruation.
In women, ovulation happens about midway through your menstrual cycle, after the follicular phase. The few days surrounding ovulation (from approximately days 10 to 18 of a 28 day cycle), are made up of the most fertile phase. The time from the beginning of the last menstrual period (LMP) until ovulation is, on average, 14.6 days, but with
Chances of successfully conceiving are higher when you know your fertile period and a woman’s fertile period, is determined by analyzing her menstrual cycle with an ovulation calculator or fertility chart. Normally, the cycle is a 28 day cycle.
The ovum is released about 14th day after a period, and this process is called ovulation. The 12th to 16th days after a period are said to be a woman’s most fertile period.
Here are ways to know you are fertile:
Making use of an ovulation Calendar
- Day 1 of a woman’s period is regarded as the first day
- Most times the egg is released on the 14h day patiently waiting for a sperm to fertilize it.
- The egg has a lifespan of just 12 to 24 hours. A sperm, on the other hand can last for about 72 hours in a woman.
- Sex on day 12 and day 16 is important as it is the time that the woman has the highest chances for pregnancy.
Measuring The Basal Temperature
- During ovulation, a woman’s temperature rises by 0.5 to 1.5 degrees.
- Basal body temperature is usually recorded each day of every month, for a certain period to help determine when the woman is most fertile,
Cervix Mucous Method
- During ovulation, the cervical mucous appears clear, stretchy and like egg white in consistency. This is a clear sign that the woman is ovulating.
- The cervix on some days can be dry, sticky and cloudy, its most great fr women when it’s wet, clear and stretchy.
Physical Examination Of The Cervix
- Some women physically examine their cervix to determine ovulation. During ovulation, the cervix is open and closed at other times.
- Some women have a dull ache in the lower abdomen during ovulation, the ache, may last for just a few seconds to a few hours. Some women on the other hand, spot during ovulation, making it easier to know when they are most fertile.
- Also, for every couple trying for a baby, having an ideal body weight, staying away from teratogens, eating nutritious well balanced meals, adopting life style changes and making love during the fertile period of the woman will definitely aid in increasing their chances for a conception.
- Tummy Size During Pregnancy: And Here Is The Reason Why You Shouldn’t Worry - July 21, 2017
- Mom Farts In Yoga Class And Lives To Tell The Hilarious Tale - July 21, 2017
- Gorgeous Pictures Of Ibidun Ighodalo And Her Daughter, Keke - July 21, 2017
- Pictures: Ex-Miss Tanzania, Millen Magese, Gave Birth to a baby Boy - July 21, 2017
- Heavily Pregnant Serena Williams Needs The Best Way To Sleep During The Night - July 21, 2017
- Nigerian Man Fight His Father-in-law For The Custody Of His Son After Wife’s Death During Childbirth - July 20, 2017
- Hot New Photos As Actress Dayo Amusa Celebrates Her Birthday - July 20, 2017
- Unbelievable Throwback Pictures Of Majek Fashek Together With His Mum, Grace Igodan - July 20, 2017
- Toyin Lawani Flaunts Her Son’s New Hair Style - July 20, 2017
- Cristiano Ronaldo CONFIRMS girlfriend Georgina Rodriguez is pregnant with his fourth child. - July 19, 2017