The parents of a baby who was born on a helicopter as it flew over Cornwall have thanked everyone involved in the birth.
The miracle event happened mid-air on Saturday night after expectant mum Alicia MacDonald went into labour early while visiting the Isles of Scilly.
Although there is a midwife based on the Isles of Scilly, whenever she is not due to be on-call, a standby team is available on the mainland.
The midwives train with the Coastguard helicopter based at Newquay so that everyone on board is well-prepared to transfer a mother in labour to the Royal Cornwall Hospital.
Thankfully that set-up all worked beautifully over the weekend for Alicia and her husband Sandy as they were prepared to welcome their new arrival earlier than they expected.
But while they were in the air baby Torran decided he wasn’t going to wait to finish the journey to hospital and he was delivered aboard the helicopter by midwife Linda Benson.
He is now a brother for sister Fearne and arrived weighing a healthy 7lb 8oz.
Delighted Alicia said today: “Torran is doing fine and we’d like to thank the coastguard, the midwife and the midwifery team at the hospital.”
The HM Coastguard’s Aeronautical Rescue Coordination Centre was called by South West Ambulance at 7pm on Saturday evening to support the family.
The family have also now been able to release pictures of Torran both from hospital and soon after his arrival while he was still on the helicopter.
- Examples of being Unequally Yoked in Relationships - November 18, 2018
- Letting go and letting God in relationships. - November 14, 2018
- Signs that you are being Ghosted in a Relationship - November 14, 2018
- The Best Sex Positions During Pregnancy - October 30, 2018
- Cucumber benefits for men: Cucumber wonders is more than boosting men’s sex drive - October 26, 2018
- Benefits of bitter kola - October 23, 2018
- How God Can Bring People Together - October 17, 2018
- Being Ghosted in a Relationship. - October 11, 2018
- Fighting for my marriage.If you don’t have these 6 conversations, it can never be “Happily ever after…” - September 12, 2018
- The 3 P’s That Can Poison Your Marriage - September 12, 2018