Veteran nollywood actress, Patience Ozokwor, had a chat with Saturday Tribune and she talked about some of her movie roles. The actress disclosed that she cries when she watch most roles she plays in a movie;
“Sometimes, I cry when I watch some of the characters I had played in movies at home. I just thanked God it wasn’t the real me that was involved, but a character.
“Nearly all the movies where I played wicked roles made me cry because I remember what that character had done to somebody.
“I do these jobs to the best of ability because I want to sit down at home, watch and cry over what I’m doing to people.
“Two of the roles that caused me the most tears were: one role where I seized the feeding bottle of a month-old-baby and threw it away.
“I wept profusely after that scene that the director had to stop shooting until I was able to control myself. If someone had done it in real life, I would have exposed the fellow to the world to see.
“There was another one where I went to take my sister’s daughter from the village, what I did to the girl, if any human being can do it to a fellow human being, I don’t know what God would do to that person in turn. I met her in the kitchen, beat her so much that she fell down the stairs, rolled down and died from broken head and pains all over.
“I’d been playing wicked roles but those two movies are exceptionally horrible. I doubt that any human being would do that to anyone.”
On the morality of her roles:
“When I play the role of a bad woman, I see myself at that instance as a mirror through which I want society to see and appreciate the fact that it is not good to be bad. This is the reason I do it with so much passion that it becomes almost believable. I also see such roles as an opportunity to minister to lost and wicked souls that jealousy, hatred, envy and all the likes can only bring one to ruins.”
- Tonto Dikeh reveals how she lost her baby weight - August 17, 2017
- I need out of house arrest to feed my kids! – DMX laments - August 17, 2017
- BIZZARE! Nigerian man marries his older white lover (Photos) - August 17, 2017
- Kim Kardashian West Talks about having a third baby - August 17, 2017
- Pretty Mike- ‘You are stupid if you give your last kobo to your pastor to buy jet but dont have bicycle’ - August 17, 2017
- Odunlade Adekola is not the father of my child- actress Bukola Adeeyo cries out - August 17, 2017
- Timi Dakolo’s kids looks beautiful in matching outfits - August 17, 2017
- WHAT! ‘If my boyfriend is broke, I will cheat on him’ – Nigerian lady reveals, explains why - August 16, 2017
- THE LORD IS GOOD! 16 years after marriage,Nigerian pastors welcome set of twins (Photos) - August 16, 2017
- “One of the reasons I still work” – 2face enthuse over his daughter Isabella (Photo) - August 16, 2017