Popular Nigerian singer, Peter Okoye has revealed what led to the separation between him and his twin brother, Paul Okoye.
Speaking on Citizen TV in Kenya, Peter said the split was as a result of the way Paul insult his wife and kids.
“In life what we call family value is important. The fans want Psquare but how many times do you want Psquare to come back and break up.
“We’ve broken up three times and the same issue is still there. So if Psquare is going to come back we need to settle that issue. Psquare might come back, they might not come back.
Peter said he must put his wife and children first because of the vow he made on his wedding day.
“I pulled out the plug because I felt the disrespect coming from my family (was) getting too much,” he said.
“There’s something we call marginalisation. Don’t ever be a slave because you want to be family.
“Psquare can only come back if the respect comes 100 percent.
“I don’t disrespect my brother’s wife neither, his family but he does that to me all the time. He’ll insult me and my family in public, on Instagram, and the next minute he’ll wait for me backstage for us to perform together.
“I can’t do that. One thing is for sure, I took a vow to protect my wife and kids the day I got married and I stick to that.”
Both Peter and Paul have since embarked on their respective solo music careers.
- “Let your daughter be happy, please” – Chrissy Teigen tells Meghan Markle’s Dad - July 30, 2018
- Three sisters confess to killing their dad after “years of sexual abuse and torture” - July 30, 2018
- “Happy birthday to my double blessing” – Femi Adebayo celebrates his twin sons as they clock a year older - July 30, 2018
- Groom, family members die in car crash on their way to wedding - July 30, 2018
- Celebrity Families: Beyonce and Jay-Z hang out backstage with DJ Khaled and his family at their On the Run II Tour (Photos) - July 30, 2018
- See this Nigerian father’s reactions for seeing his daughter after 2 years - July 30, 2018
- Photos from the wedding of Taraba state governor’s son - July 30, 2018
- Chelsea striker, Alvaro Morata and wife Alice Campello welcome lovely set of twins - July 30, 2018
- Iyabo Ojo’s children excited to see their dad for the first time in 6years - July 30, 2018
- Adorable new photos of Femi Fani-Kayode’s triplets - July 30, 2018