The decomposed body of the former Vice Chancellor of the Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA), Prof. Albert Ilemobade, who was said to have been kidnapped by unknown gunmen last week, has been found in an abandoned store at his Ijapo Estate residence in Akure, Ondo State capital.
The former University VC was reportedly abducted last Monday along with his gateman and was said to have been taken to an unknown destination. Only for his decomposed body to be found after the arrest of two of his domestic staff by security agents in Ogun State. They were trying to sell the Toyota RAV4 Jeep stolen from the late Ilemobade’s residence.
After interrogation, the two suspects confessed to killing Ilemobade and hiding his corpse in the abandoned store, which housed the generating set before running away with his vehicle.
Daily Post reports that all attempts to speak with any of the late University VC’s family members was not successful as some of them, including two of his children and his wife could not mutter a word, while some other members of the family were seen crying.
But an Anglican Bishop and close friend to the family, Stephen Ayo-Fagbami who was at Ilemobade’s residence, confirmed that the body of the deceased was found in the store soaked with diesel. He described the death as unfortunate and could not imagine the reasons behind the gruesome murder of the deceased.
Fagbemi said the two suspects apprehended by the Police in Ogun State were domestic staff of the late former VC, adding that one of them was the driver while the other one was the gateman.
The Vicar, who simply identified the suspects as Yemi and Daniel explained that the two suspects carried out their nefarious act in a way that deceived the family that the man was kidnapped by gunmen.
He said the wristwatch of the deceased and his foot wears were found outside the compound to signify that the university don was dragged into the car by his abductors. According to him, the late deceased was at the Church with him last Sunday.
“We were together last Sunday at the Church and we celebrated together this year’s Fathers’ day, where he donated his quota to the church. He personally passed his cheque to me.
I was surprised when the news of his abduction reached me last Monday and we have been praying along with the family believing that his abductors would soon get in touch with the family only to be informed today that his decomposed body was found in the store.
We have lost a very great scholar and it is just too wicked for a man of his caliber to have been killed this way. It is a terrible thing and I believe those behind this killing will be brought to book”.
Confirming the development, the State Commissioner of Police, Isaac Eke said the two suspects had been apprehended by men of the Ogun State command, noting that they will be transferred to the state. He, however, said the suspects would be paraded on Monday.
- Tips on How to Ensure Your Kids are Safe Online - November 8, 2017
- How to Help Your Child Answer the Question, “Where’s your Daddy” - November 1, 2017
- What can Women Learn from Men about Parenting? - October 19, 2017
- A survival guide for working parents: How to balance family and career - October 12, 2017
- The Financial Considerations Every New Parent Should Make - October 11, 2017
- How Companies Can Support New Parents - October 11, 2017
- SECRETS TO A HAPPY MARRIAGE [PART 2] - October 10, 2017
- Should Single Mums Become Dad’s on Father’s Day? - October 8, 2017
- A New Study Confirms That The Curse Of The Second-Born Child Is Real - October 8, 2017
- How to Build Your Confidence as a First Time Mother; Judith’s Story - October 6, 2017