The Director General of Cross River State Primary Health Care Development Agency (CRSPHCDA), Dr. Mrs. Betta Edu spoke of her surprise visit to Osakan village, Ofumbongha-Yala ward in Obubra Local Government Area on July 30th, for community outreach service, where a woman delivered triplets.
Dr. Edu said she was over excited with their birth especially owning to the fact that they were given birth to in one of the primary health care facility rather than resorting to traditional home delivery.. It is even more interesting that a Traditional Birth attendant referred this woman to the health center and supported the staff there during the delivery.
While congratulating the parents, the DG used the opportunity to advise the parents to start family planning immediately, since that was their fifth child.
She further made a financial donation of more than hundred thousand naira ( 100,000), including other financial appreciations to those around aiding the mother to take care of the triplets. She said more support like clothing, provisions, toiletries and more funds will be made available immediately, to enable the parents take good care of the children. She ordered for the immediate transfer of the triplets boys and their mother to a comprehensive health care center for more enhanced care.
In reaction, parents to the triplets,Mr. & Mrs. Enyam Joshua, thanked the Director General for her unscheduled visit, adding that apart from the surprise and blessing the visit has brought, the gesture was unprecedented. They thanked Governor Ayade for appointing someone who has the passion and compassion for the poor and needy, and prayed God to bless the Governor for them.
Taking to her official Facebook page, Dr Edu wrote about her visit. Read below:
I love to go into the communities and follow my passion. However this comes with a lot of heart breaks and emotional baggage.
Today was not different, while on community outreach to Osakam community in Ofumbongha/Yala Ward Obubra LGA, Mrs. Charity Eyam Ogobi delivered triplets(3boys) at our health post. The entire village was jubilating because it has never happened there before. The gathered the window like bees trying to get a glimpse of the three boys sent from above.
However the mother of the triplets was very afraid and didn’t look happy. I asked her quietly what her concerns were and she said “please take my babies out of here because the will eat them, I can see them every where here…. The will eat them” (did I believe that… Hell NO! ) I obliged her and took both parents with the babies to the comprehensive PHC Obubra. Of course she was worried about their welfare and in the spirit of AYADE CARE I have decided to add them to the battalion I cater for every day.
Another sorry sight that has led to my loss of appetite and sleep this night was a severely malnourished child who was eating white yam that had sand rubbed all over…. Poverty is real… It’s deep. Well to cut long story short… He too got on the list of those whom I share my daily pay with. Someone out there is in need of the little help you can offer, don’t keep them waiting forever!
I may not change the world but let me save one life at a time!!!! OBUBRA SAMO!
More photos below…
- Tonto Dikeh proclaim her love for Bobrisky as they step out in black coordinating circle (Photos) - July 15, 2018
- Nollywood Actor Daniel K. Daniel and his wife wear matching outfits as they pose in front of the White House - July 15, 2018
- Son Of Veteran Nollywood Actors,Olu Jacobs & Joke Silva Weds In Style (Photos/Videos) - July 15, 2018
- OMG! 2 Weeks After Their Wedding In Kaduna, Young Couples Found Dead - July 15, 2018
- Firdaus Amasa, finally called to bar wearing her Hijab after graduating from Law School - July 10, 2018
- Zahra Buhari give birth to a male child in Spain - July 10, 2018
- 50 Cent disengage Remy Ma after her husband attack him for commenting on her weight - July 10, 2018
- Justin Bieber affirms engagement to Hailey Baldwin, declares love for her, and promises to spend forever with her - July 10, 2018
- Checkout Joseph the plantain seller is enrolled in a private school after passing entrance exam - July 9, 2018
- Checkout The Pre-Wedding Photos Of A Popular Veteran Nollywood Actor - July 8, 2018