The Director General of Cross River State Primary Health Care Development Agency (CRSPHCDA), Dr. Mrs. Betta Edu spoke of her surprise visit to Osakan village, Ofumbongha-Yala ward in Obubra Local Government Area on July 30th, for community outreach service, where a woman delivered triplets.
Dr. Edu said she was over excited with their birth especially owning to the fact that they were given birth to in one of the primary health care facility rather than resorting to traditional home delivery.. It is even more interesting that a Traditional Birth attendant referred this woman to the health center and supported the staff there during the delivery.
While congratulating the parents, the DG used the opportunity to advise the parents to start family planning immediately, since that was their fifth child.
She further made a financial donation of more than hundred thousand naira ( 100,000), including other financial appreciations to those around aiding the mother to take care of the triplets. She said more support like clothing, provisions, toiletries and more funds will be made available immediately, to enable the parents take good care of the children. She ordered for the immediate transfer of the triplets boys and their mother to a comprehensive health care center for more enhanced care.
In reaction, parents to the triplets,Mr. & Mrs. Enyam Joshua, thanked the Director General for her unscheduled visit, adding that apart from the surprise and blessing the visit has brought, the gesture was unprecedented. They thanked Governor Ayade for appointing someone who has the passion and compassion for the poor and needy, and prayed God to bless the Governor for them.
Taking to her official Facebook page, Dr Edu wrote about her visit. Read below:
I love to go into the communities and follow my passion. However this comes with a lot of heart breaks and emotional baggage.
Today was not different, while on community outreach to Osakam community in Ofumbongha/Yala Ward Obubra LGA, Mrs. Charity Eyam Ogobi delivered triplets(3boys) at our health post. The entire village was jubilating because it has never happened there before. The gathered the window like bees trying to get a glimpse of the three boys sent from above.
However the mother of the triplets was very afraid and didn’t look happy. I asked her quietly what her concerns were and she said “please take my babies out of here because the will eat them, I can see them every where here…. The will eat them” (did I believe that… Hell NO! ) I obliged her and took both parents with the babies to the comprehensive PHC Obubra. Of course she was worried about their welfare and in the spirit of AYADE CARE I have decided to add them to the battalion I cater for every day.
Another sorry sight that has led to my loss of appetite and sleep this night was a severely malnourished child who was eating white yam that had sand rubbed all over…. Poverty is real… It’s deep. Well to cut long story short… He too got on the list of those whom I share my daily pay with. Someone out there is in need of the little help you can offer, don’t keep them waiting forever!
I may not change the world but let me save one life at a time!!!! OBUBRA SAMO!
More photos below…
- WOW! Housemaid thrown lavish wedding years after her Madam adopted her for being humble (Photos) - August 21, 2017
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE! Man beats wife to death in Benue (Graphics Photos) - August 21, 2017
- THANK GOD! Checkout Funke Akindele’s Baby Bump (Photos) - August 21, 2017
- FREE BONANZA! A hospital in Kaduna is offering free surgery for a week to celebrate President Buhari’s return - August 20, 2017
- Monalisa Chinda- How I knew my 2nd husband was the one for me - August 20, 2017
- Kiki Osinbajo all smiles and pretty in new photo - August 20, 2017
- BIZZARE! Nigerian men celebrate Pres.Buhari’s return by drinking water and soft drink from the ground (Photos) - August 20, 2017
- Bawo Emami Appreciates God Amidst Curses And Insults From Followers(Read Comments) - August 20, 2017
- FAMILY VACATION! IK Osakioduwa and family visit Guliver’s land - August 20, 2017
- ‘I never had a boyfriend’ – Enugu girl who made 9As in WAEC - August 20, 2017