How big is my baby at week 10?
Your baby is about 3.8cm long this week. Your uterus will also have grown in size, it would be about the size of a grapefruit, its very possible you may feel middle of your pubic bone.
Most critical stage of your baby’s development is now complete, and are beginning to progress into the ‘foetal period’ where tissues and organs grow rapidly and begin to mature.
Their jawbones which at this stage are beginning to form, amazingly contain their future milk teeth already, though they won’t be seen through the gums until your baby is around 6 months old. Your baby’s little heart, which is fully formed now is beating two to three times faster than yours.
Also, around this week stage your baby is now starting to swallow fluid, produce digestive juices and kick their limbs – if you happen to go for an ultrasound this week, you will see your baby making jerky movements and bobbing about!
You at 10 weeks pregnant
Now is usually the time you need to begin to plan where you’d want to have your baby and options of birth as well. You should ensure you carry out adequate research on this.
You might find the enormity of what is happening beginning to hit you now – and this is entirely normal. Most mums-to-be experience a bit of anxiety or worry early in pregnancy. This could be fears about your growing baby, or concerns about how life is going to change. Everyone goes through it, but do speak to your midwife if things are playing on your mind.
Also, your morning sickness and tiredness might have started wearing off a bit now, if so you could start doing some simple exercises taking some gentle exercise – it’s of great importance that you stay fit and active throughout pregnancy, both for you and your baby’s well-being.
What to think about in week 10
This week should see you and your partner making all the necessary decisions before your baby arrives. Decide on room color, decorations and all. Its never to early to start.
Take your vitamins and folic acid daily, these are important for the well being of you and the baby. Also, if this isn’t your first you can ask family or friends to take your other kids should they be adding to your stress level. You need to rest as much as possible.
Also ensure you have a healthy eating habit as it can also help reduce your stress level. Ensure that your diet includes plenty of omega-3 essential fatty acids, like eggs, fish and walnuts.
- 10 Ways To Keep Your Marriage Strong - July 27, 2017
- This Beyoncé-Themed Baby Shower Is The Best Thing You’ll See Right Now! - July 27, 2017
- Photo Of Woman Smoking Weed While Breastfeeding Goes Viral, Draws Controversy - July 26, 2017
- What to Expect From Marriage Therapy - July 26, 2017
- Tummy Size During Pregnancy: And Here Is The Reason Why You Shouldn’t Worry - July 21, 2017
- Mom Farts In Yoga Class And Lives To Tell The Hilarious Tale - July 21, 2017
- Gorgeous Pictures Of Ibidun Ighodalo And Her Daughter, Keke - July 21, 2017
- Pictures: Ex-Miss Tanzania, Millen Magese, Gave Birth to a baby Boy - July 21, 2017
- Heavily Pregnant Serena Williams Needs The Best Way To Sleep During The Night - July 21, 2017
- Nigerian Man Fight His Father-in-law For The Custody Of His Son After Wife’s Death During Childbirth - July 20, 2017