How big is my baby at week 10?
Your baby is about 3.8cm long this week. Your uterus will also have grown in size, it would be about the size of a grapefruit, its very possible you may feel middle of your pubic bone.
Most critical stage of your baby’s development is now complete, and are beginning to progress into the ‘foetal period’ where tissues and organs grow rapidly and begin to mature.
Their jawbones which at this stage are beginning to form, amazingly contain their future milk teeth already, though they won’t be seen through the gums until your baby is around 6 months old. Your baby’s little heart, which is fully formed now is beating two to three times faster than yours.
Also, around this week stage your baby is now starting to swallow fluid, produce digestive juices and kick their limbs – if you happen to go for an ultrasound this week, you will see your baby making jerky movements and bobbing about!
You at 10 weeks pregnant
Now is usually the time you need to begin to plan where you’d want to have your baby and options of birth as well. You should ensure you carry out adequate research on this.
You might find the enormity of what is happening beginning to hit you now – and this is entirely normal. Most mums-to-be experience a bit of anxiety or worry early in pregnancy. This could be fears about your growing baby, or concerns about how life is going to change. Everyone goes through it, but do speak to your midwife if things are playing on your mind.
Also, your morning sickness and tiredness might have started wearing off a bit now, if so you could start doing some simple exercises taking some gentle exercise – it’s of great importance that you stay fit and active throughout pregnancy, both for you and your baby’s well-being.
What to think about in week 10
This week should see you and your partner making all the necessary decisions before your baby arrives. Decide on room color, decorations and all. Its never to early to start.
Take your vitamins and folic acid daily, these are important for the well being of you and the baby. Also, if this isn’t your first you can ask family or friends to take your other kids should they be adding to your stress level. You need to rest as much as possible.
Also ensure you have a healthy eating habit as it can also help reduce your stress level. Ensure that your diet includes plenty of omega-3 essential fatty acids, like eggs, fish and walnuts.
- Pregnancy Week 25: Everything You Need To Know - April 9, 2017
- Pregnancy Week 23: Everything You Need To Know - April 9, 2017
- Pregnancy Week 24: Everything You Need To Know - April 8, 2017
- Pregnancy Week 22: Everything You Need To Know - April 8, 2017
- Georgina Onuoha Shares Throw Back Photos Of Some A-List Actors And IG Reacts - April 7, 2017
- Pregnancy Week 21: Everything You Need To Know - April 7, 2017
- Ibidun Ighodalo Pens Sweet Birthday Message To Hubby Pastor Ituah - April 7, 2017
- I Have My Own Sh*t To Deal With – Khloe Kardashian On Strained Relationship With Caitlyn Jenner - April 7, 2017
- Aggrieved Husband Reveals How Doctors At FMC Asaba Killed His Wife, A First Time Mum - April 7, 2017
- Tyga Breaks Up With Kylie Jenner Again, Moves Out Of Her House - April 7, 2017