A great meeting has taken place in your body and this meeting has resulted in a beautiful seed gradually growing. A sperm has successfully fertilized your egg and they have arrived in your uterus and started burrowing into the lining. A baby is in the making!
At this stage, your baby is the size of a tiny ball (called a blastocyst), and it consists of several hundred cells that are multiplying fast. Also, the part of it all that eventually develops into the placenta has at this stage begun producing the pregnancy hormone hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin), which instructs your ovaries to stop releasing eggs and increases the production of estrogen and progesterone.
Also, at this stage, the amniotic fluid has begun to collect around the ball of cells in the cavity that will later becomes the amniotic sac. This fluid will help make your baby comfortable in the weeks and months ahead.
Your little blastocyst is by the way getting oxygen and nutrients (and discarding waste) via a primitive circulation system, built of microscopic tunnels that connect your developing baby to the blood vessels in your uterine wall. The placenta at this stage isn’t developed enough to bear this task until the end of the following week.
How your life’s changing
If you take a pregnancy test, it is possible that you will get a positive result, however, if the result comes back negative , do not be too fast to assume you are not pregnant as such result could be due to you just testing a little too early.You could wait a few days to test. If by now, you are yet to see your period, make an appointment to see your doctor or midwife.
Here are some Early pregnancy symptoms
Some of the earliest signs include:
- Tender, swollen breasts the tenderness some women feel is way more than the one felt before a period.
- Fatigue Feeling exhausted all the time? This in cases where pregnancy has occurred is caused by the increased levels of the hormone progesterone. Most women complain of being so tired even as they have barely done anything all day.
- Frequent urination Shortly after you become pregnant, its possible your toilet visits might become more frequent.
- Heightened sense of smell several newly pregnant women complain of gag-inducing smells early in pregnancy. This us caused by rapidly increasing levels of estrogen in your system.
- Food aversions Most women during this period find out they easily get turned off by the mention of a particular food. Some food they enjoyed a lot before taking n, becomes dis=gusting to them.
- Nausea or vomiting some women experience morning sickness earlier but if usually doesn’t start for a few weeks, but some women feel queasy earlier.
- Bleeding or spotting Few women notice a small amount of spotting which could either be pink or reddish brown stain around the time their period is suppose to show up. This is called implantation bleeding. (If your spotting is accompanied with pain, call your healthcare provider immediately because this can be a sign of an ectopic pregnancy.)
- Chiwetalu Agu Set To Drop New Music Album - March 22, 2017
- Wyclef Jean Recounts How He Was Wrongfully Arrested By LAPD - March 22, 2017
- Doctors Are Under Pressure – Friend Of Doctor Allwell Orji Pens Lengthy Message - March 22, 2017
- Its A Blessing He Died – Woman Recounts How Her Husband Was Sexually Abusing Their 4-Year Old - March 22, 2017
- Nigerians Drag Rosaline Meurer As She Enables IG Comments - March 22, 2017
- Reason Singer Mel B Split From Husband Of 10-years Finally Revealed - March 22, 2017
- Police Bar Mother From Seeing Son Arrested Since 2015 - March 22, 2017
- Pregnancy Week 11: All You Need To Know - March 22, 2017
- Georgina Onuoha Celebrates Daughter As She Turns 10 - March 22, 2017
- Nasarawa State Governor’s Son To Be Charged With Manslaughter For Death Of Student - March 22, 2017