How your baby’s growing
From week 4 of your pregnancy to the 10th, all of your baby’s organs will begin to develop, with some beginning to function. Your baby at this time is the size of a poppy seed with two layers: the epiblast and the hypoblast, from which all of her organs and body parts will develop.
At this point, the primitive placenta is also built of two layers, and its cells are snaking it way into the lining of your uterus, creating spaces for blood flow to enable the developed placenta to provide nutrients and oxygen to your growing baby.
How your life’s changing
You may be able to find out you are pregnant this week, should you take a test, some women get a big fat positive when they test in the 4th week. However ,its always best to wait until you is your period for a more accurate result.
If your test comes back positive, now is the time to make your first prenatal appointment with your doctor, however, most healthcare providers will decline seeing you for this until you are about eight weeks along, unless you have some previous pregnancy, or are having symptoms that needs immediate attention.
Also, you should begin daily intake of prenatal vitamins that contains at least 400 micrograms (mcg) of folic acid.
If you test at this stage and your tests still comes back negative, wait and test again in the 5th week.
A ll you need to know about pregnancy tests.
When can I take a pregnancy test and get an accurate result?
It’s advisable to wait a few days after a missed period as at this time, most newly pregnant women have just about enough hCG in their urine for the tests to detect it.
How can I get the best results from a pregnancy test?
Ensure the test isn’t expired and its in good shape as over stored pregnancy test will not give you the accurate result. For an accurate result, take the test first thing in the morning, when your urine is most concentrated. If you still haven’t gotten your period and the test shows negative, wait a few days or a week and try again.
Does even a faint line mean I’m pregnant?
Even if your pregnancy test shows a very faint line, there is a high chance that you’re pregnant. Your body has to be making a detectable level of hCG, before your test can come back positive after testing. A faint positive test result can come about if you are not as far along as you thought. To be certain, take another test in two or three days.
If the second positive shows a clear line, then congrats, you are with child, but if it shows completely negative, it is possible you may have had a very early miscarriage.
- Pregnancy Week 25: Everything You Need To Know - April 9, 2017
- Pregnancy Week 23: Everything You Need To Know - April 9, 2017
- Pregnancy Week 24: Everything You Need To Know - April 8, 2017
- Pregnancy Week 22: Everything You Need To Know - April 8, 2017
- Georgina Onuoha Shares Throw Back Photos Of Some A-List Actors And IG Reacts - April 7, 2017
- Pregnancy Week 21: Everything You Need To Know - April 7, 2017
- Ibidun Ighodalo Pens Sweet Birthday Message To Hubby Pastor Ituah - April 7, 2017
- I Have My Own Sh*t To Deal With – Khloe Kardashian On Strained Relationship With Caitlyn Jenner - April 7, 2017
- Aggrieved Husband Reveals How Doctors At FMC Asaba Killed His Wife, A First Time Mum - April 7, 2017
- Tyga Breaks Up With Kylie Jenner Again, Moves Out Of Her House - April 7, 2017