How your baby’s growing
Your little one at this stage is the size of a sesame seed and looks more like a tiny tadpole than a human. At this yime, the baby is made up of three layers – the ectoderm, the mesoderm, and the endoderm – which will later develop into his organs and tissues.5 weeks pregnant.
In the second layer also known as the mesoderm, your baby’s heart and circulatory system begin to form (This week, in fact, his tiny heart begins to divide into chambers and beat and pump blood.) Your baby’s muscles, cartilage, bone, and subcutaneous (under the skin) tissue, will also be formed by the mesoderm.
The third layer, also known as the endoderm, will hold his lungs, intestines, and early urinary system. His thyroid, liver, and pancreas, also included.
How your life’s changing
This week may see you noticing some early pregnancy discomforts such as sore breasts, fatigue, and frequent urination. There is also every possibility that nausea may set in.
This stage also needs you to develop appropriate exercise for your body as exercise helps you develop the strength needed to manage the extra weight you’ll be carrying.Exercise also can aid in getting you ready for the physical rigors of labor..
Things to do this week
Get early prenatal care and keep up with your appointments. ensure you get great prenatal care as it is essential to you and your baby’s health.
Take your prenatal vitamin. prenatal supplements most times contain more folic acid, iron, and calcium than you’ll find in a standard multivitamin and pregnant women need more of these nutrients.
It’s very important that women trying to conceive and during your first trimester take folic acid because it greatly reduces your baby’s risk of developing neural tube birth defects such as spina bifida.
Stop smoking. If you smoke, ow is the time to stop as smoking increases your risk of a lot of issue to include miscarriage, placental problems, and preterm birth. It also affects fetal growth and increases risk of stillbirth and infant death.
Stop drinking alcohol. a drink a day can adversely affect birth weight and raise your child’s risk for problems with learning, speech, attention span, language, and hyperactivity. Even as no one knows just how much quantity o alcohol can affect your baby, its very advisable to steer clear of anything alcohol during your pregnancy period.
Activity: Make a prenatal appointment
If you are yet to do this, this is the time to do it, Set up a prenatal appointment. To prepare for this meeting with your doctor, pen down the first day of your last period (so she can determine your due date) and start making a list of any questions that arise.
- Romantic Valentine’s Day Messages for Her - February 13, 2019
- Essential tips for When Someone you love hurts you Deeply - February 11, 2019
- Senator wear designs for men in Nigeria (PHOTOS) - January 26, 2019
- Senator Native Designs For Men 2019 - January 26, 2019
- Ibidunni Ighodalo has given birth to a baby boy after 19 years of waiting. - January 23, 2019
- When He disappears for a few Days - January 23, 2019
- When God takes away a Relationship - January 23, 2019
- What should a Husband do in a Sexless Marriage - January 23, 2019
- Scriptures to Speak over your Child - December 31, 2018
- EWEDU AND ITS HEALTH BENEFITS.10 Health Benefits of Ewedu leaf - December 31, 2018