How big is my baby at eight weeks?
Size wise, your baby is about two centimetres long now and growing/ developing every day. At this point in your pregnancy your baby is growing at around 1 millimetre daily. Also, the amniotic fluid in your womb increases two tablespoons weekly
After the 8th week of pregnancy, your baby is officially called a ‘foetus’ which means ‘offspring’. It is however still getting nutrition from the yolk sac and not the placenta. The placenta will grow over the next few weeks, developing structures called ‘chorionic villi’. These help the placenta attach itself to the womb wall.
At 8 weeks, baby’s tiny little fingers and toes will have formed, though they are webbed and will be that way for several weeks, with their heart beating at an amazing 160 beats a minute! Baby’s lungs are also developing this week.
Your baby’s skin is still paper thin at this week, and it still has that almost transparent, embryonic look. Also the eye’s colour is also just starting to form at around eight weeks, the yes will not completely open up until 26 weeks.
You at eight weeks pregnant
Eight weeks in and although you won’t have a visible bump yet, your womb is already be twice its normal size! You might find this causes you to wee more often as it presses down on your bladder – get used to it, it’s going to get a lot bigger yet!
You no doubt have your booking appointment in place now, and might be thinking about all the things you want to talk to the midwife about, such as antenatal screening test If you’re eager to find out your due date our pregnancy due date calculator on Bounty.com will give you a good idea before your first scan.
You’re probably still feeling pretty exhausted at this point, too, and needing your rest and plenty of sleep. Go for it! Don’t try and fight it if you are worn out. If your morning sickness is still making getting up and about difficult in the morning, check out our morning sickness page for some ideas to make it a little more bearable.
What to think about at eight weeks pregnant
Some parents this week are already so eager to find out the sex of their baby, just to decide on so many things like – what colour to decorate the nursery, or to help narrow down name lists , but a few others prefer to be surprised on the day. For those who want to be in the know might not be able to ascertain this as most hospitals might not want to carry out the scan, but a few others will.
You may have started noticing early signs of food cravings, although not all pregnant women do experience cravings.However if you do, you should try as much as possible to eat healthy to help watch your weight gain and be in the best health.
Many healthy pregnant women gain between 25 and 35 pounds throughout their pregnancy with most of the weight being attributed to your baby growing, but also your body’s way of getting ready for your new arrival and storing fat, ready for making breast milk.
- Tummy Size During Pregnancy: And Here Is The Reason Why You Shouldn’t Worry - July 21, 2017
- Mom Farts In Yoga Class And Lives To Tell The Hilarious Tale - July 21, 2017
- Gorgeous Pictures Of Ibidun Ighodalo And Her Daughter, Keke - July 21, 2017
- Pictures: Ex-Miss Tanzania, Millen Magese, Gave Birth to a baby Boy - July 21, 2017
- Heavily Pregnant Serena Williams Needs The Best Way To Sleep During The Night - July 21, 2017
- Nigerian Man Fight His Father-in-law For The Custody Of His Son After Wife’s Death During Childbirth - July 20, 2017
- Hot New Photos As Actress Dayo Amusa Celebrates Her Birthday - July 20, 2017
- Unbelievable Throwback Pictures Of Majek Fashek Together With His Mum, Grace Igodan - July 20, 2017
- Toyin Lawani Flaunts Her Son’s New Hair Style - July 20, 2017
- Cristiano Ronaldo CONFIRMS girlfriend Georgina Rodriguez is pregnant with his fourth child. - July 19, 2017