How big is my baby at eight weeks?
Size wise, your baby is about two centimetres long now and growing/ developing every day. At this point in your pregnancy your baby is growing at around 1 millimetre daily. Also, the amniotic fluid in your womb increases two tablespoons weekly
After the 8th week of pregnancy, your baby is officially called a ‘foetus’ which means ‘offspring’. It is however still getting nutrition from the yolk sac and not the placenta. The placenta will grow over the next few weeks, developing structures called ‘chorionic villi’. These help the placenta attach itself to the womb wall.
At 8 weeks, baby’s tiny little fingers and toes will have formed, though they are webbed and will be that way for several weeks, with their heart beating at an amazing 160 beats a minute! Baby’s lungs are also developing this week.
Your baby’s skin is still paper thin at this week, and it still has that almost transparent, embryonic look. Also the eye’s colour is also just starting to form at around eight weeks, the yes will not completely open up until 26 weeks.
You at eight weeks pregnant
Eight weeks in and although you won’t have a visible bump yet, your womb is already be twice its normal size! You might find this causes you to wee more often as it presses down on your bladder – get used to it, it’s going to get a lot bigger yet!
You no doubt have your booking appointment in place now, and might be thinking about all the things you want to talk to the midwife about, such as antenatal screening test If you’re eager to find out your due date our pregnancy due date calculator on Bounty.com will give you a good idea before your first scan.
You’re probably still feeling pretty exhausted at this point, too, and needing your rest and plenty of sleep. Go for it! Don’t try and fight it if you are worn out. If your morning sickness is still making getting up and about difficult in the morning, check out our morning sickness page for some ideas to make it a little more bearable.
What to think about at eight weeks pregnant
Some parents this week are already so eager to find out the sex of their baby, just to decide on so many things like – what colour to decorate the nursery, or to help narrow down name lists , but a few others prefer to be surprised on the day. For those who want to be in the know might not be able to ascertain this as most hospitals might not want to carry out the scan, but a few others will.
You may have started noticing early signs of food cravings, although not all pregnant women do experience cravings.However if you do, you should try as much as possible to eat healthy to help watch your weight gain and be in the best health.
Many healthy pregnant women gain between 25 and 35 pounds throughout their pregnancy with most of the weight being attributed to your baby growing, but also your body’s way of getting ready for your new arrival and storing fat, ready for making breast milk.
- Chiwetalu Agu Set To Drop New Music Album - March 22, 2017
- Wyclef Jean Recounts How He Was Wrongfully Arrested By LAPD - March 22, 2017
- Doctors Are Under Pressure – Friend Of Doctor Allwell Orji Pens Lengthy Message - March 22, 2017
- Its A Blessing He Died – Woman Recounts How Her Husband Was Sexually Abusing Their 4-Year Old - March 22, 2017
- Nigerians Drag Rosaline Meurer As She Enables IG Comments - March 22, 2017
- Reason Singer Mel B Split From Husband Of 10-years Finally Revealed - March 22, 2017
- Police Bar Mother From Seeing Son Arrested Since 2015 - March 22, 2017
- Pregnancy Week 11: All You Need To Know - March 22, 2017
- Georgina Onuoha Celebrates Daughter As She Turns 10 - March 22, 2017
- Nasarawa State Governor’s Son To Be Charged With Manslaughter For Death Of Student - March 22, 2017