Baby’s size this week
Week 9 sees your baby transforming from the embryonic stage to the foetal period. Size wise, they’ll be about one inch long and the size of a large bean or olive.
Organs such as nerves and muscles in your baby are all beginning to function and although you won’t be able to feel it, if you go for an ultrasound, their tiny heart beat will be easily picked as it has become strong enough to be picked devices like a Doppler. however, this largely depends on the position of your baby in the uterus.
Your baby’s ears are also starting to develop. Also their eyelids are now in place but will be fused shut up until 26 weeks. Their little fingers and toes are starting to change from into actual digits.
You at nine weeks pregnant
Your waistbands, in week 9, are getting a bit uncomfortable, even if you don’t spot a ‘bump’ on board! If you are still experiencing nausea at certain times of the day, ensure you wear loose fitting clothes.
Your breasts increase in size also which might require you stocking up on bigger sizes for sometime later in the pregnancy.
What to think about in week nine
Although people might not be aware you are pregnant yet, you however will be feeling its impact on your job as you may be feeling tired, or a bit emotional, or lacking in concentration just now?
Speak with the HR department if you feel that you are struggling a little at work. Doing this also ensures that the organization ad your boss show you some care and space when needed.
Also, you may be getting emotional as your pregnancy progresses, you needn’t worry too much about this as it completely normal. It is very normal to feel so excited one minute and the next you are moody or sobbing while watching a commercial, these are caused by pregnancy hormones as they are raging you have a baby on the way, you are bound to feel very different.
Around 12 weeks into your pregnancy, you might be giving a scan commonly known as a ‘dating scan’. This scan properly called the nuchal translucency scan – will give you a better idea of your estimated due date (EDD).
Also, you and your partner can decide to share your exciting news with everyone and its best done face to face. Tell your closest family and friend the happy news during a meeting and out on social media s most people are known for doing. This is totally not advisable as even people you’d rather not know you are pregnant will do,as you shared-it o social media.
Many people who chose not to tell until after the first trimester do so because of concerns over miscarriage. However, some women who chose to tell family and a few friends before the end of the first trimester claim to do so to enable them have a support network early on should anything unthinkable happen during the early days of pregnancy.
- Lactation Problems & PostPartum Preeclampsia…Here is Dolapo Sijuwade’s ‘Baby Diaries’ on BN TV - May 11, 2018
- Husband pleads Not Guilty to Murder of Alizee & Daughter - April 11, 2018
- PRAY FOR GOD’S FAVOUR - April 11, 2018
- 4 things single parents will not tell you about their situation. - March 26, 2018
- Tips on Raising Your Daughter as a Single Dad - March 25, 2018
- What is Cryptocurrency ? Cryptocurrency 101, what you should know - March 11, 2018
- WHAT ARE THE SIGNS OF NON-VERBAL COMMUNICATION FROM YOUR SPOUSE - March 6, 2018
- HOW LONG SHOULD I WAIT? HOW TO BE PATIENT WHILE SINGLE - March 5, 2018
- 14 Sex Rules That Every Couple Must Follow for a Great Sex Life - March 4, 2018
- WE HAD SEX BEFORE OUR WEDDING. ARE THERE CONSEQUENCES? FIND OUT NOW! - March 4, 2018