A Nigerian woman has been arrested by the Lagos State Police Command for allegedly stabbing her husband to death following a heated argument on who will emerge as the winner of the just concluded presidential candidate.
The 26 year old pregnant woman is said to have hacked her husband to death at about 12 noon following their political differences.
Vanguard reports that the incident, which threw the densely populated area into disarray, occurred at about 12noon inside the couple’s one room apartment at 81 Military zone junction.
There were different accounts on how tragedy struck. A version of the account said the couple had divergent views on their choice of presidential candidates. While the husband was said to have decided to vote for the PDP, his wife, simply called Onyiyechi, reportedly chose to vote for the presidential candidate of the APC. An argument which degenerated into a fight over whose choice would hold sway reportedly ensued between them.
In the process, Onyiyechi allegedly stabbed her husband with a kitchen knife in the chest region.
Another version said the deceased, whose identity could not be immediately ascertained, told his pregnant wife to take the okro she was grating inside the room, to the veranda which also served as kitchen , an instruction she reportedly disobeyed, following which an argument which led to a fight occurred.
When Vanguard visited the scene of the incident yesterday, the couple’s apartment was under lock . Their neighbours however described the suspect as an amicable person who had never quarreled with anyone since she moved into the building.
One of the tenants who spoke on condition of anonymity told Vanguard that they did not witness how the suspect allegedly stabbed her husband.
But he explained that : “ We were all outside waiting to vote when Onyiyechi rushed out, shouting for help. Out of curiosity, we all ran inside, only to discover blood all over the ground, on entering their apartment.
”On closer observation, we noticed that the blood was from her husband chest region. We met him on the ground. Before we could rush him to the hospital, he gave up the ghost.
Perhaps, he would have survived the attack had Onyiyechi called for help early. From all indication, it was clear that she attempted to manage the situation immediately the incident occurred. It was when she discovered that the situation had overwhelmed her that she raised alarm.
”I do not know the name of her husband. We only know that of his wife, who we fondly call Onyiyechi. The irony of this matter is that she is not cantankerous.
”She has never beaten a little child, let alone to fight with any neighbor. Again on that day, we saw both of them together. They were seen sitting outside, one hour before the incident occurred. Policemen from Ejigbo later came to remove the corpse to the Isolo morgue”
- What should you buy for First Time Parents? - December 14, 2017
- Signs that your Husband feels Neglected after Childbirth - December 12, 2017
- New picture of Janet Jackson and her adorable child Eissa - December 11, 2017
- Famous People Raised by Single Mothers - December 11, 2017
- ‘I Didn’t Know I Was Pregnant’: Woman Amazed At Baby Boy’s Arrival - December 10, 2017
- 10 Ways of becoming a Better Father and Husband - December 10, 2017
- What do First Time Parents Fight about and How to Avoid it - December 9, 2017
- Understanding the Single Father While the World Focuses On the Mother - December 3, 2017
- How To check if you and your spouse are true friends - November 28, 2017
- 5 Essential Tips for Creating Balance between Entrepreneurship and Motherhood - November 27, 2017