How to Prepare for Your Baby’s Arrival: It may look like your pregnancy will last forever, but sooner or later, you will get to meet your new bundle of joy. In the meantime, you can take advantage of the long wait and prepare as best as you can for the changes ahead. A little advance planning will go a long way in helping you to relax and enjoy your pregnancy as your due date approaches. Here are some helpful tips that will help you prepare for your baby’s arrival.
Study about the birth process
The thought of giving birth can cause you so much anxiety, and as a result, you may fall into the temptation of putting it all out of your mind until it happens. However, most obstetricians advise against this because women who learn about birth ahead of time are more active in their own birth process leading to better results.
Consider taking a birth class to learn about the different labor stages, pain management options, breathing techniques and commonly used medical equipment during delivery. You can also learn about different ways of giving birth by watching videos of actual deliveries. This will prepare you psychologically as you will know what to expect.
Find a pediatrician for your child
Although it may seem early, you might want to find a doctor for your baby halfway through your pregnancy. That way, you will give yourself ample time to find a physician who will be a good fit for your family and who accepts your insurance.
Talk to your health insurance provider to find out how to add your baby to your policy. Make sure that you understand how your insurance plan works, particularly regarding your maternity care, delivery and benefits for labor.
Get on the same page as your partner
Just like it is important to talk about how your partner can help during labor, be sure to have a sit down and discuss with them about what you will need from each other during the newborn period. Different expectations can create huge conflicts, so try to work it this out in advance.
Do not assume that your partner knows how much your new baby will turn your lives around. Discuss how you will divide household and baby duties. You can also make things easier by making some big decisions such as what to name your baby before they are born.
Talk to other mothers
There are all kinds of things about new motherhood that, for some reason, remain forbidden subjects. They include baby blues, leaking pee and decreased sex drive, just to name a few. You will not have similar experiences as your friends, but finding out about particular things in advance can reduce the shock factor.
For instance, there is a myth that bonding with your baby should happen right after birth. However, that is not true for everyone. Talking to honest people who are willing to share their experiences can help you adjust your expectations.
Stay away from negative energy and horrifying delivery stories because they are not helpful to you in any way. Instead, focus on positive advice and you are sure to have a smooth delivery.
- Lactation Problems & PostPartum Preeclampsia…Here is Dolapo Sijuwade’s ‘Baby Diaries’ on BN TV - May 11, 2018
- Husband pleads Not Guilty to Murder of Alizee & Daughter - April 11, 2018
- PRAY FOR GOD’S FAVOUR - April 11, 2018
- 4 things single parents will not tell you about their situation. - March 26, 2018
- Tips on Raising Your Daughter as a Single Dad - March 25, 2018
- What is Cryptocurrency ? Cryptocurrency 101, what you should know - March 11, 2018
- WHAT ARE THE SIGNS OF NON-VERBAL COMMUNICATION FROM YOUR SPOUSE - March 6, 2018
- HOW LONG SHOULD I WAIT? HOW TO BE PATIENT WHILE SINGLE - March 5, 2018
- 14 Sex Rules That Every Couple Must Follow for a Great Sex Life - March 4, 2018
- WE HAD SEX BEFORE OUR WEDDING. ARE THERE CONSEQUENCES? FIND OUT NOW! - March 4, 2018