Got this story on a popular blog from a mum who got heartbroken after finding out her daughter was born blind.
The mother, Kiara Shanee shared her story, now viral, on how she reacted at finding out she got a blind daughter, how she and her ever supportive hubby is coping and how her viral story has helped raise over $14K out of the $10k fund opened to secure her daughter’s future.
Read her story below;
“When we found out I was having a baby girl, I was so excited and started planning her whole life out in my head. Dance schools, gymnastics, modelling etc. All cute things that little girls do. And to top it off, my best friend proposed to me, taking the next step to making our family one!
Life was looking up and I couldn’t have asked for anything more. I ate all kinds of healthy foods, drank the best water, Google was life and avocado became my best friend lol.
The day came on 3.15.2017 at 5:34am after having labour pains for almost two days. It was a natural and easy birth and God blessed me with a beautiful baby girl – Kensley Ayanna. But I noticed something.. it was a big lump under her left eye and her eyes were swollen.
I asked the nurses and doctors I saw that day and everyone told me it would go down, not to worry about it. But I pressed on because I wanted her to open her eyes.. to see me and her dad. The next day we were hit with heart breaking news. “We didn’t find any”, is what they said to us.
My heart fell to my stomach. My fiancé broken like never before. In an instant it pulled us closer together. With my mom by my side, they helped me to be STRONG. I had no other choice. It felt like a dream. My baby girl has a rare genetic disorder called Anophthalmia (born without eyes). Like what? Why me? Why her? But I soon realised what was best for her was me and what was best for me was her! Today I no longer have those questions.
God makes no mistakes. During ultrasounds she would cover her face or turn her head because she was meant to be here. I will treat my daughter as normal because she is normal. A healthy baby girl who has the advantage of not seeing the ugliness in the world the way I do.
To meet and love someone for who they are, not what they see. To surpass all limitations and expectations. Kensley will have to work a little harder but yes, I will see to it as her mother that NOTHING stands in her way. For now my eyes are hers and I will show my daughter nothing but how to be the strongest and smartest black woman there is with all the confidence in the world!” ❤️✨ #anophthalm
See Photos below;
- WOW! Housemaid thrown lavish wedding years after her Madam adopted her for being humble (Photos) - August 21, 2017
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE! Man beats wife to death in Benue (Graphics Photos) - August 21, 2017
- THANK GOD! Checkout Funke Akindele’s Baby Bump (Photos) - August 21, 2017
- FREE BONANZA! A hospital in Kaduna is offering free surgery for a week to celebrate President Buhari’s return - August 20, 2017
- Monalisa Chinda- How I knew my 2nd husband was the one for me - August 20, 2017
- Kiki Osinbajo all smiles and pretty in new photo - August 20, 2017
- BIZZARE! Nigerian men celebrate Pres.Buhari’s return by drinking water and soft drink from the ground (Photos) - August 20, 2017
- Bawo Emami Appreciates God Amidst Curses And Insults From Followers(Read Comments) - August 20, 2017
- FAMILY VACATION! IK Osakioduwa and family visit Guliver’s land - August 20, 2017
- ‘I never had a boyfriend’ – Enugu girl who made 9As in WAEC - August 20, 2017