French President Emmanuel Macron has met with pop star Rihanna at the Elysee presidential palace in Paris. President Macron met with the 29-year-old singer on Wednesday to discuss her charity activities in healthcare and education.
The Barbadian singer of hit “Diamonds” founded the Clara Lionel Foundation in 2012, a non-profit organisation that promotes scholarship projects across the globe.
She was welcomed at the Elysee by French First Lady Brigitte Macron.
Rihanna, who is the Ambassador of Global Partnership for Education, said:
“Well, I just had the most incredible meeting with the president and first lady. They were incredibly welcoming to us, we focused on the topic of education from global aspects and we are going to make a very big announcement this coming September during UN week but we are going to do even more work this October in Africa.
“I was so inspired and impressed with his leadership and I can’t wait for you guys to hear where this is going to go but I think this is the year for education.”
On June 24, Rihanna asked Macron on Twitter if France would commit to funding education, a plea that was retweeted almost 30,000 times.
See Photos below:
- WOW! Housemaid thrown lavish wedding years after her Madam adopted her for being humble (Photos) - August 21, 2017
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE! Man beats wife to death in Benue (Graphics Photos) - August 21, 2017
- THANK GOD! Checkout Funke Akindele’s Baby Bump (Photos) - August 21, 2017
- FREE BONANZA! A hospital in Kaduna is offering free surgery for a week to celebrate President Buhari’s return - August 20, 2017
- Monalisa Chinda- How I knew my 2nd husband was the one for me - August 20, 2017
- Kiki Osinbajo all smiles and pretty in new photo - August 20, 2017
- BIZZARE! Nigerian men celebrate Pres.Buhari’s return by drinking water and soft drink from the ground (Photos) - August 20, 2017
- Bawo Emami Appreciates God Amidst Curses And Insults From Followers(Read Comments) - August 20, 2017
- FAMILY VACATION! IK Osakioduwa and family visit Guliver’s land - August 20, 2017
- ‘I never had a boyfriend’ – Enugu girl who made 9As in WAEC - August 20, 2017