Kensington Palace has revealed that Prince Harry’s father, Prince Charles will walk Meghan Markle down the aisle as she marries his son tomorrow.
Though it is customary for Meghan Markle’s father, Thomas Markle Sr, to walk her down the aisle, but he will not be able to due to the open heart surgery he had this week. Hence, Prince Harry’s father, Prince Charles will do the honors.
Kensington Palace announced: “Ms. Meghan Markle has asked His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales to accompany her down the aisle of the Quire of St George’s Chapel on her Wedding Day.
“The Prince of Wales is pleased to be able to welcome Ms. Markle to The Royal Family in this way.”
The Prince of Wales will accompany Meghan Markle down just one half of the aisle at St George’s Chapel but no one will “give her away”.
This decision comes as a shock to some royal fans because it was thought her mother, Doria Ragland would walk the bride down the aisle. Meanwhile, Doria Ragland, is to accompany her daughter in the bridal car.
- Kim Kardashian shares cute childhood photo of herself - May 27, 2018
- “Dear future wife, just know that I will embarrass u with my dance moves forever” – Don Jazzy hopes to marry soon - May 27, 2018
- My wife took wrong advice from friends that nearly ruined our marriage – Afeez Owo - May 27, 2018
- Actor Dele Odule gives daughter out in marriage (photos) - May 27, 2018
- Top Nigerian MUA, Joyce Jacob is engaged to billionaire son Eyinna Anumudu - May 27, 2018
- Tonto Dikeh celebrates Children’s Day with her son, King Andre - May 27, 2018
- Italian footballer, Federico Zini and his ex-girlfriend found dead - May 27, 2018
- Charlyboy talks marriage, says the concept will no longer be fashionable - May 26, 2018
- More photos from the wedding of Footballer Emmanuel Emenike and Iheoma Nnaji - May 26, 2018
- Man caught after sneaking into neighbor’s flat to sleep with his wife in Lagos - May 26, 2018