14-year-old Miss Obiamaka Orakwue, an indigene of Obosi in Anambra state was on July 10th, raped and murdered at her parents home in the Abule Ado area of Lagos state.
According to Anambra state online Facebook page, Obiamaka was at home for the holidays when she met her untimely death. She was at home alone when some Indian Hemp smoking boys who had asked her out and she refused, scaled her family’s compound fence and gained access to their apartment.
They raped her and left her in the pool of her own blood. Some residents living in the area who saw the boys as they scaled the fence out of the compound, alerted the mother of the deceased who returned home from her workplace immediately.
She got home to find her 14 year old daughter with blood stains on her vagina and gasping for air. She rushed her to a hospital where she was pronounced dead.
The distraught mother, Mrs Orakwue, told friends and family members who were on a condolence visit:
“I was at work when I got a call from our neighbor that they saw some boys jumping out from the fence of our compound and that my daughter was not responding to the knock on the gate since it was locked from inside. I was worried because my daughter was the only one at home and her other siblings were on holidays at my elder brothers place in Lekki. On getting to the house, I opened the gate with my spare key and dashed into the room only to find my daughter gasping for breath in the pool of her blood. I asked her what happened and all she could mutter was, “Mummy…those boys I told you about”…, According to Mrs Orakwue, her daughter had complained about some boys who had made advances towards her when she came back on holidays from school just recently but she rebuffed them and they swore to teach her a lesson. “It must have been the same boys that took advantage of the fact that i and my husband went to work and gained entry into the compound through the back fence of the house where they attacked my daughter,” she said amidst tears.
The father of the deceased Mr Obinna Orakwue who could not hide his emotions lamented that enough was not being done to find out those behind the demise of his daughter.
“We have reported the incident to the police and they promised to apprehend the culprits but we still have not heard from them till date.” He described his daughter as an intelligent student with a very bright future. “She was meant to be in JSS 3 by the next academic session. We told her to join her siblings in my in-law’s house but she insisted she wanted to stay at home to help with the house chores especially since I and my wife were away at work. Now see what has happened. I leave it in the hands of God to judge”, he said.
She has being laid to rest last Friday July 21st at the Berger Cemetery.May her gentle soul rest in perfect peace.
- Tonto Dikeh reveals how she lost her baby weight - August 17, 2017
- I need out of house arrest to feed my kids! – DMX laments - August 17, 2017
- BIZZARE! Nigerian man marries his older white lover (Photos) - August 17, 2017
- Kim Kardashian West Talks about having a third baby - August 17, 2017
- Pretty Mike- ‘You are stupid if you give your last kobo to your pastor to buy jet but dont have bicycle’ - August 17, 2017
- Odunlade Adekola is not the father of my child- actress Bukola Adeeyo cries out - August 17, 2017
- Timi Dakolo’s kids looks beautiful in matching outfits - August 17, 2017
- WHAT! ‘If my boyfriend is broke, I will cheat on him’ – Nigerian lady reveals, explains why - August 16, 2017
- THE LORD IS GOOD! 16 years after marriage,Nigerian pastors welcome set of twins (Photos) - August 16, 2017
- “One of the reasons I still work” – 2face enthuse over his daughter Isabella (Photo) - August 16, 2017