Saudi Arabia’s new heir to the throne has announced plans for a beach resort where special laws will allow women to wear bikinis instead of covering up their skin.
As part of his drive to modernise the Saudi economy, Prince Mohammed bin Salman has unveiled plans for a luxury Red Sea resort on a stretch of coast line in the country’s northwest.
Knowing that foreign visitors are unlikely to come to beaches where women are forced to cover up in an abaya – a robe-like dress – the government said the resort will be “governed by laws on par with international standards”.
Saudi Arabia’s own laws on women are among the most repressive in the world, with women banned from driving and unable to travel without permission from a male relative.
Women are expected to cover their skin and hair when they are outside, although the laws are not uniformly enforced.
- Tonto Dikeh proclaim her love for Bobrisky as they step out in black coordinating circle (Photos) - July 15, 2018
- Nollywood Actor Daniel K. Daniel and his wife wear matching outfits as they pose in front of the White House - July 15, 2018
- Son Of Veteran Nollywood Actors,Olu Jacobs & Joke Silva Weds In Style (Photos/Videos) - July 15, 2018
- OMG! 2 Weeks After Their Wedding In Kaduna, Young Couples Found Dead - July 15, 2018
- Firdaus Amasa, finally called to bar wearing her Hijab after graduating from Law School - July 10, 2018
- Zahra Buhari give birth to a male child in Spain - July 10, 2018
- 50 Cent disengage Remy Ma after her husband attack him for commenting on her weight - July 10, 2018
- Justin Bieber affirms engagement to Hailey Baldwin, declares love for her, and promises to spend forever with her - July 10, 2018
- Checkout Joseph the plantain seller is enrolled in a private school after passing entrance exam - July 9, 2018
- Checkout The Pre-Wedding Photos Of A Popular Veteran Nollywood Actor - July 8, 2018