Scriptures for Singles.Being single is one of the very important stages of life. You see, if you do not go through this stage then you will have some difficulties ahead. Singlehood is the time when you discover yourself and how you contribute to the society. And there is no shame if you want to extend this stage for the rest of your life. Apostle Paul in fact said that singlehood was best for those who would want to serve God without any distractions. If you are single, do not fret. You are in very good company like Apostle Paul, John the Baptist and even Jesus.
There are different aspects of being single and the bible addresses them all.
Scriptures for Singles seeking for Marriage
- “He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD.” – Proverbs 18:22
- “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’ and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.” – Matthew 19:4-6
- “Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.” – Mark 11:24
- “Houses and wealth are inherited from parents, but a prudent wife is from the LORD.” – Proverbs 19:14
- “Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.” – Psalm 37:4
- “Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?” – 2 Corinthians 6:14
- “The LORD God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.” – Genesis 2:18
- “Wives, submit yourselves to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them.” – Colossians 3: 18-19
- “May your fountain be blessed, and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth. A loving doe, a graceful deer— may her breasts satisfy you always, may you ever be intoxicated with her love.” – Proverbs 5 18:19
- “A wife of noble character is her husband’s crown, but a disgraceful wife is like decay in his bones.” – Proverbs 12:4
Scriptures for Struggling Singles
There are those who find the journey of singlehood difficult. This could be because someone hurt them or because of fear. They too can find encouragement in the word of God.
- Hebrews 4:15
“For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weakness, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin.”
- Jeremiah 31:3
“I have loved you with an everlasting love, therefore I have continued by faithfulness to you.”
- I Corinthians 13:4-7
“Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.”
- I Corinthians 7:8-9
“Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do. But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.”
Scriptures addressing the Single Woman
You are a daughter of Zion and your heavenly Father is preparing you to be a wonderful wife. Encourage yourself with the word. All is well.
- 2 CORINTHIANS 6:14
Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?
- 1 CORINTHIANS 7:34
…An unmarried woman or virgin is concerned about the Lord’s affairs; Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord in both body and spirit…
- GENESIS 2:18
The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”
- SONG OF SOLOMON: 2:7/ 3:5/ 8:4
Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you by the gazelles and by the does of the field: Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires.
- MATTHEW 6:33
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
- ECCLESIASTES 3:1-8
There is a season for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens:
- PROVERBS 31:30
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
- PSALM 84:11
For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless.
- LUKE 1:42
Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I I love you, I will give people in exchange for you, nations in exchange for you.
As a woman know that you are cherished by your heavenly Father. He has promised to never leave you nor forsake you. He has not spoken somewhere in secret, behold He is doing a new thing. Do you perceive it? Before you identify yourself as a spouse, you must first know who you are in Christ. Do not be under any pressure, take your time.
God also loves His sons and He wants to find them a wife who will give them joy and peace unlike the wives of Esau who only brought misery. Therefore as a single person just trust in the Lord and depend on His word. He who began a good work in you will be able to complete it.
- Scriptures to Speak over your Child - December 31, 2018
- 10 Health Benefits of Ewedu leaf - December 31, 2018
- Signs He doesn’t Respect You - December 30, 2018
- Scriptures for Singles - December 19, 2018
- Scriptures for Prosperity and Wealth - December 19, 2018
- How to let go and let God:Letting go and letting God in Relationships - December 2, 2018
- How to Spice up your Marriage - November 28, 2018
- How to know God’s Will in a Relationship - November 28, 2018
- Check out the Best Aso-Ebi Styles Of The Week - November 28, 2018
- Adorable family photo to celebrate 29th wedding anniversary of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo and his wife Dolapo. - November 25, 2018