A pregnant woman who reportedly attacked her husband’s girlfriend, was consequently jailed for two years in Ghana.
This was gathered from a Ghanaian journalist who took to his Facebook page, identified as Ibrahim Oppong Kwarteng, the woman’s husband brought his girlfriend to their house and allegedly gave her his wife’s cloth to put on.
The scorned wife who was shocked by that act – confronted the lady and attacked her with a pair of sandals.
Read what the journalist shared on Facebook below:
I encountered this beautiful young lady at the Nsawam Female Prison last week. She has been convicted for 2 years with a 5 months old pregnancy, and came into the prison with her one and a half year old son. Her offence? She tells me her “husband” brought in his girlfriend into the house and gave the lady her dress to wear.
She couldn’t believe what was unfolding in her eyes and could not contain the humiliation. She confronted the lady and a fight ensued. In the course of the struggle, she hit the lady with a sandals she laid hands on and was jailed for assault. Since coming to prison, this so-called husband has never visited her.
My appeal is for some of our judges to fully consider the overall context of events before handing down sentences. I have a feeling they are sometimes misled by the police? For how long will the Alternative Sentencing Bill which could possibly prescribe community sentences in such cases, continue to gather dust in Parliament?
Shouldn’t pregnant women be given suspended sentences instead? I simply don’t understand why the Criminal Offences Act 1960 which obviously needs a review after so many years of usage continue to dictate the pace. We are all not safe!
She has a fine of 1400 Ghs to pay and another 2000 for the injuries caused to her attacker, making it 3400 Ghs in all to secure her release. You may want to help! At Crime Check Foundation, CCF, we champion the cause of the poor and the voiceless. Join us do so!
- If you leave me water go carry you o – Chioma tells her boo, Davido in her birthday message to him - November 21, 2018
- Robert De Niro and Grace Hightower split after 20 years of marriage - November 21, 2018
- Lady butchers lover, cooks his remains and serves it to workers - November 21, 2018
- Photos of kidnapped Zamfara twin sisters after regaining freedom - November 21, 2018
- Chioma shares loved-up videos with boyfriend Davido to celebrate his birthday - November 21, 2018
- Video: Bride refuses to kiss groom at registry over religious belief - November 21, 2018
- Paris Hilton’s ex-Chris Zylka ‘wants his $2 Million engagement ring back’ after she called things off - November 21, 2018
- Adorable photos of Oprah Winfrey cradling Gabrielle Union and Dwyane Wade’s newborn daughter at their home - November 21, 2018
- Miguel and his high school sweetheart Nazanin Mandi obtain marriage license in Los Angeles courthouse - November 21, 2018
- Former Ohio judge who battered his wife and was released from jail after only 9 months has now killed her - November 20, 2018