A pregnant woman who reportedly attacked her husband’s girlfriend, was consequently jailed for two years in Ghana.
This was gathered from a Ghanaian journalist who took to his Facebook page, identified as Ibrahim Oppong Kwarteng, the woman’s husband brought his girlfriend to their house and allegedly gave her his wife’s cloth to put on.
The scorned wife who was shocked by that act – confronted the lady and attacked her with a pair of sandals.
Read what the journalist shared on Facebook below:
I encountered this beautiful young lady at the Nsawam Female Prison last week. She has been convicted for 2 years with a 5 months old pregnancy, and came into the prison with her one and a half year old son. Her offence? She tells me her “husband” brought in his girlfriend into the house and gave the lady her dress to wear.
She couldn’t believe what was unfolding in her eyes and could not contain the humiliation. She confronted the lady and a fight ensued. In the course of the struggle, she hit the lady with a sandals she laid hands on and was jailed for assault. Since coming to prison, this so-called husband has never visited her.
My appeal is for some of our judges to fully consider the overall context of events before handing down sentences. I have a feeling they are sometimes misled by the police? For how long will the Alternative Sentencing Bill which could possibly prescribe community sentences in such cases, continue to gather dust in Parliament?
Shouldn’t pregnant women be given suspended sentences instead? I simply don’t understand why the Criminal Offences Act 1960 which obviously needs a review after so many years of usage continue to dictate the pace. We are all not safe!
She has a fine of 1400 Ghs to pay and another 2000 for the injuries caused to her attacker, making it 3400 Ghs in all to secure her release. You may want to help! At Crime Check Foundation, CCF, we champion the cause of the poor and the voiceless. Join us do so!
- See what a lady did to all the men trying to have a relationship with her - August 20, 2018
- Cameroonian Government official, his wife and son killed in fatal accident - August 20, 2018
- Man hacks his two younger brothers to death with cutlass and dagger - August 20, 2018
- Meghan Markle’s uncle says he’s still hurt he wasn’t invited to royal wedding - August 20, 2018
- Nigerian man and his girlfriend arrested in India for duping job applicants - August 20, 2018
- Man abandons family abroad to take a young wife in Nigeria, his family gets revenge - August 20, 2018
- Maintaining your girlfriend means you‘re very stupid – Reno Omokri tells men - August 20, 2018
- Homeless couple wed under the bridge after 30 years together - August 20, 2018
- Wow! 92-year-old woman reunites with her 72 year old son after getting separated 68 years ago - August 20, 2018
- If the hair on my son’s body is touched, oga police you will have to bury me – Tonto Dikeh cries out - August 20, 2018